help with some small computer problems please (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi

Please could you tell me what these are and if necessary how to safely get rid of them, because my security centre isnt.

(a) imapi.exe

(b) acrord32.exe

(c) acrord32info.exe

My security scans say there are no issues now but I did have an instance of ultrasurf yesterday.

When I log into Motorhome Fun and into Facebook the page literally shakes from left to right.

I am very computer literate so any help you can give would be much appreciated as I dont even know what are safe or not safe removal tools from the many listed on google.

Many thanks in advance for all your technological help

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please could you tell me what these are and if necessary how to safely get rid of them, because my security centre isnt.
(a) imapi.exe
(b) acrord32.exe
(c) acrord32info.exe

Google tells all - just enter imapi.exe into and the first hit says it's part of windows.
acrord looks harmless and needed.

acrord32into seems to test to see if your acrord32 is genuine. You could try it.

No worries really.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
from the web...

IMAPI.exe or IMAPI : Image Mastering API Service for CD-Burning. This service, introduced in Windows XP and 2003, manages recording data & music to CD

acrord32.exe
This is a free program from Adobe, called Adobe Acrobat, and it is used to read PDF documents and edit or create various new documents, with full word processing features.

acrord32info.exe is a Adobe Reader\r from Adobe Systems Incorporated\r belonging to Adobe Reader\r ."This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.\r"

scept1c

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Holywood
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi ourcampersbeentrashed,

I think they are all genuine and nothing to worry about.

Check this link for info about imapi.exe http://www.file.net/process/imapi.exe.html

acrord.exe is an Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Reader program.

I use a very good free program for info about what is running on my system. It also alerts users if a new program has been installed and asks for permission to run.

It is called Winpatrol and it may be downloaded from here Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back