Help with Skype on Android (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a problem that is driving me and my son in the US crazy, has anyone else suffered from it.
I have a Galaxy S2 on the Three network. I downloaded Skype from the Android market. My problem is that my Skype connection keeps dropping out. It is on and off like a YoYo. My son has to skype me on my other mobile then I phone him back from my skype phone.
While I am on my laptop, my phone keeps showing on line off line. I have re-installed it etc but no change. Any ideas:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Check the 3g on your phone is switched on, my wife had a similar problem with her iphone. You also need a very good signal to get a decent skype connection, does the skype app on the phone work on wifi ok, if so its the speed of your connection that is letting you down.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Check the 3g on your phone is switched on, my wife had a similar problem with her iphone. You also need a very good signal to get a decent skype connection, does the skype app on the phone work on wifi ok, if so its the speed of your connection that is letting you down.
Thanks dazzer, it makes no difference wifi or my excellent home 3 signal, both giving the same problem. This also applies when I am out and about. I have been into the three shop but still the same. Doing my head in.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
agree with dazzer, skype on 3 was a pain, paricularly if we were away in the van where 3 has little or no coverage. I thinks its to do with available bandwidth which 3 dont seem to have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back