mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The safest seat in a moving vehicle is rear facing with a lap belt and a head rest. 3 point seatbelts don't add to the safety when rear facing.

Unless you're the driver of course, in which case it's best to be forward facing.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
The safest seat in a moving vehicle is rear facing with a lap belt and a head rest. 3 point seatbelts don't add to the safety when rear facing.

Unless you're the driver of course, in which case it's best to be forward facing.

Not if you're in the rear facing seat in the Bailey in the videos mentioned earlier they aren't.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Rather than going off subject, here is a possible solution for OP.

Contact a specalist vehicle convertor (for disabled vehicles) and have a pair of Unwin rails fitted to the floor of the vehicle, between the two side facing lounge seats. Once fitted, the convertors will issue certificate of compliance, which does satisfy most insurance companies. You then simply need to source two single seats from transit type mini bus (with 3 point seat belt built into seat) and problem solved. Best to ask converting company to source seats as they then know how far apart to fit Unwin rails. When needed simply clip in the seats. On arrival, clip out seats and store in garage / shower.

Not a perfect solution, but better than using side belts or no belts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Not if you're in the rear facing seat in the Bailey in the videos mentioned earlier they aren't.

That's scary stuff..

We don't have rear seats in ours but the coach built we had before had a frame fixed to the chassis through the floor with 2 lap belts fitted to it on forward facing seats. Took up a lot of space under the seats but felt safer when kids travelled with us.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Sorry but I agree with all above we had a eldiss 140 u shaped lounge and no seat belt at all it was one of the reasons it had to go
We replaced it with a van with 4 forward facing seat and correct seat belt setup to take child seats
I know its not what you want to hear

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
On choosing our MoHo we decided that it would be two berth and low line. We would never even consider taking passengers of any age in it. Sorry but you may have the wrong MoHo.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Good grief.. Pious is the only word I can think of.
Me - or the law?

I certainly didn't intend to be - I simply thought it was worth pointing out having been caught out (not caught:)) myself. I hadn't realised just how prescriptive the law had become with regard to child seating.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

I've come across drivers where even that wouldn't matter .................. :whistle::xrofl:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Me - or the law?

I certainly didn't intend to be - I simply thought it was worth pointing out having been caught out (not caught:)) myself. I hadn't realised just how prescriptive the law had become with regard to child seating.

No Tony, not you at all mate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back