Help with seat belt legislation please. (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talisman Autosleeper
Exp
I'm a newbie
I hope someone can help me with this. My 2 youngest grandchildren are aged 6 and 7 and as my new motorhome is my only vehicle now I am often required to pick them up from school etc. The problem I have is that I have 4 seat belts fittted, driver, passenger, one forward at table and one other rear lap belt opposite. If I use a booster seat it means they can't sit with the table fixed in place. My questions are:
1) Do they need booster seats if the seat belt is in a position where it sits comfortably on their body?
2) Is the lap seat belt safe to use when it is rear facing?
3) Should the lap seat belt be used with a booster seat?

OP
OP
Keelie
Oct 8, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talisman Autosleeper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you - that makes it a bit clearer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just my view as a grandad who has travelled in our motorhomes with 2 kids for past 9/11 years of their life..

Put adult passenger in the lap belt and kids in the 3 point belts.. They can take turns maybe in the front.
Legally there may be an issue ref small child in front but in Practical terms i consider it a much safer option than a child who could get folded in half with a lap belt..

OP
OP
Keelie
Oct 8, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talisman Autosleeper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks Tonka... There's so many things to consider when carrying children and pets. The grandchildren really love my motorhome and say they wish they could travel in it every day!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back