Help with Remoska off grid. (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I have asked similar questions before and I am just about getting my head around it. My possible new van will not have an oven, so it has been suggested by MF members we should consider a Remoska.

The set up in the van will be :- 2000 ps inverter, 2 x 110 lithium batteries,
2x 110 solar panels.

We spend a lot of time off grid and reckon we would use the Remoska two or three times a week at the most. Question will the set up be ok with the Remoska or will it run the batteries down? Will be buying the Grand Remoska which is 580 watts.

Please not to much technical stuff.

Thanks once again.

Colyboy

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We use a standard Remoska from a 2000 ps inverter with no problems but try only to use it while we the solar panels are charging and not when it's cloudy; so tend to use to cook during the day.

Might also be worth looking at the Remoska tria - as that can also be used on the hob and has a lid which converts it to a pressure cooker to speed up cooking. It's only standard sized so not as big as the Grande but seems more versatile for off grid to me but think it's a big higher wattage.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
would you need a Grand, we have a standard one which is 470 watts , this does use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
would you need a Grand, we have a standard one which is 470 watts , this does use.
wondering that too we can cook for 4 adults with the standard, grand mostly used at home.

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
How much time in a day would you use the remoska.
Then you an work out the ah fromwhat you have avilable plus the standard usage. If you are driving when wilding daily this will also help some.

each hour would be around 45 amp so approx half of your u110ah capacity

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If you move each day, plan your dinner early and use it whilst driving. Itā€™s so nice to arrive at your destination with the dinner cooked.

Also if you get the big one you donā€™t need to use all the space, but itā€™s difficult to fit a lot in the small one. When we roast a chicken in the large one we nearly always have to press the chicken down to keep away from the lid to stop it burning.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We use the Remoska both in the van, when on hook up and also have a couple at home which are used quite often. However if you have gas then a double skillet would be just as good. We have one in the van which gets used quite often as does the one we have in the house.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
Have a standard Remoska and have worked out that you need to double the normal cooking timešŸ˜
Did Jacket potatoes and they took near on 2 hours.

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have asked similar questions before and I am just about getting my head around it. My possible new van will not have an oven, so it has been suggested by MF members we should consider a Remoska.

2x 110 solar panels.

We spend a lot of time off grid and reckon we would use the Remoska two or three times a week at the most. Question will the set up be ok with the Remoska or will it run the batteries down? Will be buying the Grand Remoska which is 580 watts.

Thanks once again.

Colyboy
In the depth of Winter, when your likely to want more hot food, the answer is no.

In the height of Summer, yes, but will you want to be cooking hot meals so much then.

The beauty of Lithium batteries is how quickly you can recharge them, and you say ā€˜off gridā€™ is that off grid in one place? If not, get a B2B charger installed so ensuring a decent and significant charge when you move from place to place.

My main concern about ā€˜drop inā€˜ replacement LithIum batteries is if relies on the existing split charge relay, which is nearly always inadequate and poorly thought out and installed, thus loosing one of the most important benefits of Lithium batteries, their ability to suck up power and recharge

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
As coastal cruiser says it takes a bit longer to cook the jackets but they are simply the best ever ,i use mine at home all the time

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

2x 110 solar panels.

Thanks once again.

Colyboy
Again if there are only 2 of you go for the smaller one, 40 amps instead of 50, should work fine on a decent inverter, but yes need to manage the power in the winter.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
For two people you donā€™t need a Grand Remoska, standard will be big enough and a lower wattage!
See my PM.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have a standard Remoska and have worked out that you need to double the normal cooking timešŸ˜
Did Jacket potatoes and they took near on 2 hours.
The trick with jackets is rather than use large ones (ie one for each person) use a few smaller ones instead as they cook much quicker and you got more lovely crispy skin!

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have a standard and a grand remoska, the grand would be a complete waste for two people in a motorhome I would think as well. The only time I use my grand is as an overflow oven for roasties when everyone is home! Waste of money really.

Only keeping it until we finally get around to having a new kitchen fitted at home!

Upvote 0
Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
We have standard Remoska in van works well , but,do try not to do the cooking to late in the so the batteries get a chance to recover

Upvote 0

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have used the remosker for about 8 years , we put it on when travelling and run it off the 3kw inverter ,
i have 360w of solar and 4 x 130 amp batteries . if we are parked we stand the remosker on the cooker and have used a small jet as well as the inverter just to help with the cooking time ,
Have also fired the engine up to boost the batteries while the inverter is on .
Its a case of mix and match but we use it a lot , we also have one in the house , great for chicken ..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back