Help with our Burstner Solano water please (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2011
Funster No
We purchased our motorhome at the end of 2009 and have had little use. We have booked to go away tomorrow and are trying to get the motorhome ready. My husband filled the cold water tank and turned on the taps but we have very poor water pressure. The manual suggested shaking the pump to release a potential airlock. This hasn't worked. My husband has put the boiler on and still nothing happened . The manual is not that clear and the pictures are not easy to understand. There is mention about the drain cocks, but the ones on our machine look very different from the picture. I am not sure if they should be touched; moved from their present position. I tried to change a yellow one and heard water moving around the boiler, but could see nothing. I returned it to it's original position. Then the water tank emptied itself. My husband has refilled the tank, but it has emptied itself again. Just for the record we emptied the tanks and left taps open over the winter months. Can anyone advise us URGENTLY?

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi
I am not familiar with your motor home but my swift sundance has 2 drain holes. first on the main water tank and the second along side the hot water tank, Look under the van when you fill up the water tank and follow the water trail, I am sorry if that sounds a bit obvious but it should show you where the water is draining from.

Best of luck
Rob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, first of all its common to get airlocks if you have not used the motorhome for a while.

Let's deal with the emptying first. Make sure that the drain plug for the fresh water is closed, also make sure that your heater has not opened its dump valve in the recent cold weather, you may have to close this again before refilling. Check those two things then refill.

Curing your airlock, try just opening one tap for quite a while, (can you hear the pump?) maybe 3 or 4 minutes and see what happens, then open another till all are open, after a few minutes you should get some water through.

If you don't get water you can try and suck some through. On an old bus I had the best thing to suck was the shower tube with the head removed. Make sure the showewr is on and set cold. You should be able to prime the pump this way.

You could also attach a garden hose to the tap and blow the air back into your tank.

If still no joy, find your pump, unscrew it and lift it, while you have taps on and or give it a bit of a shake.

Best of luck:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If its the Truma combi boiler you have, check the automatic drain valve is closed (it will have opened in the cold weather we've had. It usually has a red knob which you pull up and it will stay in that position if warm enough (over around 8C). You have to find it of course and it is often tucked away somewhere but should be near the bottom of the boiler, though not attached to it.
The ultrastore has yellow manual drain valve.

If either valve is open the pump will pump water into the boiler which will drain straight out again with little if any reaching the taps.

Once the valve is closed you have to fill the boiler by running the pump with a hot tap open. Nothing much will come out of the tap until the boiler is filled (a couple of gallons)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back