Help with obscure electical problem please. (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Whilst removing the Aguti passenger seat on my 2012 Ford based Exsis 562, I've managed to pull the plug off of the airbag cable from the seat. Does anyone know how to remove the metal bullet connectors from inside the plug. I can release the top of the metal connector, but the pin still wont move. The problem is that at the moment I don't know which way round the two wires go, and I'm hoping that if I can get the pins out there may be a remnant of color left to guide me.

Alternatively does anyone know for certain if it matters which way round the two wires go?

I've spoken to Chris at Premier, and also, thanks to him, the UK distributors foe Aguti, but neither expects an answer for a week of so.

Malcolm IMG_3422.JPG

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That type of connector usually has a release tool that is a bit of tube that slides in the end and releases a tang, I've cobbled together a bit of thin tin to make a tube before now.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
There's special tool needed for removing molex crimps from the housing - you push it up the housing, for it to compress the splines on the crimp.
If you're brave, you can make a similar tool out of an old "coke" can - cut a length off the can, then roll it up to the same diameter as the inside of the housing.

To be honest, it'll be quicker, easier, cheaper and less painful to just buy new crimps and a housing. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
How about looking at someone elses seat, assuming p!ug is visible without removing seat, maybe get a camera in to get picture?
Anyone out there got a hymer ford agutti seat?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
If you can get to the other part of the connector:
Cut it off and use Wagos to reconnect the wires - very cheap, simple and effective

Frazzle

Free Member
Mar 29, 2017
maidstone kent
Funster No
MH
09 AutoSleeper Berkshire
Exp
im a newbie
Being a seat airbag might be worth getting it repaired properly, cheap is ok but if that airbag did not go off in a accident and the cheap repair was found that could cause a lot of problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thanks all. Ford cased exsis are rare beasts I think. It would be almost impossible to see without removing the seat, which involves 13 set screws, and must weigh well in excess of 70 kilos. I'm fully aware of the hazards of getting airbag wiring wrong, that's why I want to be certain before repairing the wiring.

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back