Help with new crash sensor Truma regulator (1 Viewer)

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Just fitted this new Truma CS Crash Sensor regulator and connecting hose with rupture protection button.
Followed all steps for startup as indicated but getting no gas to cooker as my test. Each time I have repeated the start up process, I get a tiny hiss of release of gas at cooker then no further gas!
Gas bottle full and all usual gas taps open.

Any ideas please?
Jim

4BB8DED1-9781-4522-ACEC-B0B0CDCCE82C.jpeg 61EAFA46-4B76-4217-A725-CE7416458E63.jpeg 8DA96E7B-F033-4BC2-A7D6-CBE5561631F0.jpeg

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Do you have to press the yellow button to rest the sensor the press and hold the other 2 together for 3 secs

MonoControl CS (black)

If the crash sensor has been triggered, it can be easily reset. Simply press the yellow reset button on the MonoControl CS (black) gas pressure regulator and the gas pressure regulator is ready to use again.

MonoControl CS (silver colored)

The MonoControl CS gas pressure regulator is ready for operation again when you firmly press the green reset button (with a sharp object, such as a ballpoint pen) for about five seconds.
print p

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Do you have to press the yellow button to rest the sensor the press and hold the other 2 together for 3 secs

MonoControl CS (black)

If the crash sensor has been triggered, it can be easily reset. Simply press the yellow reset button on the MonoControl CS (black) gas pressure regulator and the gas pressure regulator is ready to use again.

MonoControl CS (silver colored)

The MonoControl CS gas pressure regulator is ready for operation again when you firmly press the green reset button (with a sharp object, such as a ballpoint pen) for about five seconds.
print p
The unit is the silver one and instructions shown in the photo above say press each of the buttons for around 5 secs. Doesn’t say press both at same time so haven’t tried that. Have repeated process outlined at least 12 times with same result.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Disconnect after each bit a see if you do, or do not have gas pressure.

And make sure your cylinder valves are open and you have gas in them.

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I am away from the Motorhome at the moment - but will go back down shortly and try holding buttons harder and longer, and also try it holding both buttons ( regulator and hose) at same time.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am away from the Motorhome at the moment - but will go back down shortly and try holding buttons harder and longer, and also try it holding both buttons ( regulator and hose) at same time.
The hose one you can often hear a click, you don't need to hold both at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Just fitted this new Truma CS Crash Sensor regulator and connecting hose with rupture protection button.
Followed all steps for startup as indicated but getting no gas to cooker as my test. Each time I have repeated the start up process, I get a tiny hiss of release of gas at cooker then no further gas!

Any ideas please?
Jim

View attachment 722939 View attachment 722940 View attachment 722941

Any ideas please?
Jim

View attachment 722939 View attachment 722940 View attachment 722941
That regulator isn’t new , it’s 5 years old 🫣

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
The button on the regulator you have to hold it really hard for 5 - 10 seconds, try that.
Well - spot on LennyHB! 👍 The problem was that the regulator reset button was not being pushed in far enough!😩 The ‘housing’ around the button was not allowing my finger to push far enough in - and as I hadn’t done it before I didn’t know it could go in further. I pushed it in with a screwdriver and immediately felt it go in further. Job done and thank you.

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
That regulator isn’t new , it’s 5 years old 🫣
Hi Basildog,

Thanks for your offer of help and advice. As you will see the problem is solved.

When I bought the unit last year I knew it was a 2018. It was unused, in sealed Truma pack with instructions etc. What is the issue with its year of manufacture if unused?

Jim

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi Basildog,

Thanks for your offer of help and advice. As you will see the problem is solved.

When I bought the unit last year I knew it was a 2018. It was unused, in sealed Truma pack with instructions etc. What is the issue with its year of manufacture if unused?

Jim
It’s fine if you knew that you were buying an old regulator , retailers aren’t supposed to sell a regulator as new after 3 years .
Just bare in mind that @ 10 years old a regulator is technically due for replacement.
10 years is the recommended lifespan of both regulators and rubber pigtails.

OP
OP
Kayak Kid
Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
It’s fine if you knew that you were buying an old regulator , retailers aren’t supposed to sell a regulator as new after 3 years .
Just bare in mind that @ 10 years old a regulator is technically due for replacement.
10 years is the recommended lifespan of both regulators and rubber pigtails.
Thanks Basildog - that’s helpful. It was clearly indicated by the retailer that it was made in 2018 - so I was made aware of this. Useful to know the recommended lifespan of the units. Whilst I did know that the pigtails had a recommended replacement date (2027 indicated on mine) I was not aware of the recommendation for the regulator.

I suspect there must be quite a few regulators on motorhomes and caravans etc still in use past that recommended replacement date.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back