Help with hymer 644 (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi just wondered if anybody nows this hymer its advertised on autotrader and my son has just been to view it they are seriously thinking of buying it. It has fun stickers on it and was owned by a funster about a year ago ,was hopeing somebody might have some background on it or may no who used to own it Sorry cant post link its advertised for 19,995 x reg.Thanks Teresa

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi just wondered if anybody nows this hymer its advertised on autotrader and my son has just been to view it they are seriously thinking of buying it. It has fun stickers on it and was owned by a funster about a year ago ,was hopeing somebody might have some background on it or may no who used to own it Sorry cant post link its advertised for 19,995 x reg.Thanks Teresa
Yes this is our old van, the lovely Dora. What would you like to know?

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
oh thats great just wanted to make sure it was all good before they spent there money its alot when your young.I dont no you but read many of your posts and im guessing the hymer is all good i seem to remember you going to spain ect last year.Is there anything i should be aware of .

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I read through the advert and can confirm that nearly everything they say has been done is correct, as it was us that did most of it. We sold her to the current owners in August last year.

We were only her second owners, having bought her from the original owners who had retired from Motorhoming. She has not had a hard life but we wanted to upgrade the suspension front and back to give her a better weight capacity. The interior is in very good condition but the original upolstery was a)awful & b)faded, so we we had her reupholstered including new foam in 2015.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Looks likely at the moment all down to monies being agreed i think should no more this evening . thankyou amytwowheels for your help:)
We loved this van and would never of sold her, but we wanted something a bit bigger for full timing in. Even though she would have been big enough if we didn't do so many activities, that needed various bits of equipment to be with us all the time.

If your sons driving licence allows, it is just a paper exercise to uprate her to 4 tonne to give them extra payload.

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
No unfortunately his licence wont allow the extra but thats why this van is perfect for him lots of garage space for the kids bikes ect .Just hopeing now that they can negotiate a price i feel this could be the perfect van for them will have to keep fingers crossed.

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well just to keep you up to date they have come to an agreement and they pick it up on friday .So pleased for them they have been looking for quite along time and the grandkids are so excited. thankyou for your help made a huge differance.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Pleased to help and I am glad she is going to make a new family happy. A couple of things I think were missing from the advert were that she had a new cambelt in January 2015 and the current owners had a new 5th gear fitted.

Colin was gutted he had to sell the alloy wheels with Dora but we need 6 now so she got to keep them.

Here she is on her holidays in Morocco.
IMG_0960.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back