Help with heating (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all,

We went to carry out our pre-delivery inspection on the van today. I'm happy to report that they had done a cracking job of sorting out most of the issues we had, and are well on the way to sorting out the remaining niggles prior to our pick-up on Tuesday.

I have one question though....Our van has the older Truma Trumatic C3402 system fitted, as well as the optional Truma 2 speed multi-vent fan system. We couldn't really test the heating system today as the air temperature was 36 degrees plus, but the hot water was lovely and...well....hot!! I have a question about the multi-vent system itself. Our van manual simply states that it is a 2 speed fan system to "increase the air capacity of the heating system". When we recently rented a new 2018 van, the modern truma system it had fitted allowed us to run a ventilation fan with blew air through all the heating ducts and outlets. We had assumed that the old multi-vent system was simply an older version of this. Our dealer states that this isn't quite the case and that it is designed to force air through the alcove vent ducts more efficiently to help with cold weather performance. The vent fan is definately working as we can hear it and also feel air movement through the alcove ducts. I was suprised however to feel literally zero air coming out of any of the normal vents below the seating in the dinette area or below the lower rear bunk.

Am i missing something or do you feel that this is working as intended? I don't really have any reason to doubt our dealer, we has been more than accommodating so far but would love to hear your more knowledgeable opinions.

Thanks as always!

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I suspect that the thermostat was stopping it blasting out air if the temperature was as warm as you say. Turning the thermostat up to max might overcome this but 36 degrees is pretty hot.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Yes, that is what the dealer said. The air temperature was higher than the max heating temperature setting and so it wouldn't turn on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Yes, that is what the dealer said. The air temperature was higher than the max heating temperature setting and so it wouldn't turn on
So try to get to the van first thing when the temperature is cold and check it out then. I don't know your particular version of the Truma so can't offer any other advice.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Even on the new versions the vent setting is useless the fan runs at full chat with a lot of noise and drawing 5 amps but shifts hardly any air.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back