Help with electronic tolls in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We were in Portugal in May this year and registered our reg number and credit card for paying electronic tolls at the border crossing. We are just about to go to Portugal again using a different border crossing.

Will we need to register again at the border or will they just charge using our previous details?

Many thanks for any advice.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You'll have to register again. It expires in 30 days. But it does depend what road you go in on, they use different charging methods on different routes.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You'll have to register again. It expires in 30 days. But it does depend what road you go in on, they use different charging methods on different routes.

And some roads do not have places to register e.g. the road between Puebla de Sanabria in Spain and Braganca in Northern Portugal. In face use most Northern routs and you won't get the chance to register.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
When we registered the camera read the number plate wrong:ROFLMAO:... So we never got billed:ROFLMAO:. They're my kind of toll roads (y)

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Here ya go Pete.....

Link Removed

Where you heading? We're down at Silves with a few other reprobates;)
Dave

Thanks for the info.

Great idea to meet up but sadly we do not think we will get that far south on this trip. We only have a month away this time and need to be back in 2 weeks. We are hunting the sun hence going into Portugal which seems to be warm for the next week or so. Probably Oporto then maybe a little firthe south before we turn around to head home.

Hope you and Jackie enjoy Silves. We did when we were there, especially the camper special at the Casa Velha.

Deleted User
When we registered the camera read the number plate wrong:ROFLMAO:... So we never got billed:ROFLMAO:. They're my kind of toll roads (y)

Same happened to us. But we were stupid and phoned them up to tell them! Won't make that mistake again.

They will have your correct registration number from the overhead gantry cameras and if you are unlucky enough to get pulled by the authorities the next time you are in Portugal you will be fined and pay the toll fees.

Reactions: JJ
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They will have your correct registration number from the overhead gantry cameras and if you are unlucky enough to get pulled by the authorities the next time you are in Portugal you will be fined and pay the toll fees.
We kept the registration receipt, it's their incompetent cameras and their fault. I think any sensible judge would rule in our favour... Or is 'sensible judge' an oxymoron :rolleyes::D2

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We kept the registration receipt, it's their incompetent cameras and their fault. I think any sensible judge would rule in our favour... Or is 'sensible judge' an oxymoron :rolleyes::D2

Perhaps not rule in your favour of the "sensible" judge thinks you knew there was a problem and didn't report it?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Here ya go Pete.....

Link Removed

Where you heading? We're down at Silves with a few other reprobates;)
Are you in a new aire there? The old one is closed I heard?.We won't be using motorways anyway,too complicated.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Are you in a new aire there? The old one is closed I heard?.We won't be using motorways anyway,too complicated.
Yes - parque do rio. Opened late last year. By the river behind the swimming pool. The other 2 are also open, one past Continente and the other by the castle.
This one is very nice, clean, good facilities and great English speaking owners - and €6pn!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes - parque do rio. Opened late last year. By the river behind the swimming pool. The other 2 are also open, one past Continente and the other by the castle.
This one is very nice, clean, good facilities and great English speaking owners - and €6pn!
Thanks Dave ,sounds good. We hope to be there soon.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We were in Silves last month and Parquet Di Rio was shut. There were a couple of vans in there but a sign on the gate saying closed and red tape across pedestrian access. We stayed in the castle Aire which on balance we prefer, later in the week there were guys laying out the pitch markers and the gate was open. We did not bother to enquire what had happened.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We were in Silves last month and Parquet Di Rio was shut. There were a couple of vans in there but a sign on the gate saying closed and red tape across pedestrian access. We stayed in the castle Aire which on balance we prefer, later in the week there were guys laying out the pitch markers and the gate was open. We did not bother to enquire what had happened.

My people tell me the guys had had some problems with the new electricity points they were adding (wrong ones sent from Blighty) causing a delay in this season's opening.

The vans in there belonged to personal friends of the site owners.

JJ :cool:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My people tell me the guys had had some problems with the new electricity points they were adding (wrong ones sent from Blighty) causing a delay in this season's opening.

The vans in there belonged to personal friends of the site owners.

JJ :cool:
Thanks, interesting, it might have helped with an explanation rather than just closed. I think it looks a better option than the Algarve one up the road which is too close to the noisy road.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed there in the spring of 2015 when it was an unofficial Aire with no facilities. Didn't pay anything mind you. They were just starting to build the new facilities at the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back