Help with Electrics, please! (1 Viewer)

Y

Yogi

Deleted User
Hi Folks

just joined the site and would welcome advice for a newcomer. A few weeks ago bought a VW Transporter Conversion, converted professionally by LeisureDrive 18 months ago. They supplied no wiring diagram and a phone call for advice was little help.

Zig Panel showed no juice from Leisure battery, which I've charged up and checked all fuses I can see...but still no juice. When on hook-up sockets and fridge work well but not lights and pump (very frustrating having to switch off mains to pump water for a cuppa!).

Have booked into nearest caravan workshop - but they cant sort it till late May.

I must be missing something....help!

Thanks

Yogi

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Yogi,

What Zig Panel do you have fitted in this van please?

Was the Leisure battery charged by the zig unit in situ or by battery charger?

Zig are very helpful.I requested a manual for mine and they scanned and emailed it to me.

>>>ZIG HERE<<<

JUST A THOUGHT. IS THERE AN IN-LINE FUSE IN THE WIRING BETWEEN THE ZIG UNIT AND THE LEISURE BATTERY?

Get a multimeter and put it across the leisure battery.Note the voltage.Turn on the zig unit.Does the voltage rise?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sounds like you have a break somewhere in the 12 volt circuit between the battery and the Zig unit!
If your handy with a multitester you could trace back the live wire from the battery back to the Zig to localise the fault!
You could check all the connections too as i have seen them vibrate loose over time!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
My son-in-law had a fault just the same, found a large in-line 40 amp fuse tucked down behind the battery, it had blown. All working fine now.:ROFLMAO:

Don

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Y

Yogi

Deleted User
Wow!

Thanks so much...you folk are quick off the mark!

1.. I'm in Aberdeenshire

2. The Zig Unit is Marque 1 ; Car/'Van rocker switch on LHS Voltage dial in middle and 3 smaller rockers for pump, lights and Aux on RHS. I charged the battery overnight on a charger

3. There is a 10A inline fuse, which I've changed and seems to make no difference

4. Don't have a multimeter...yet

Y

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
M

michaelc

Deleted User
in answer,

Hi, best think is to get a meter, they only cost around £6, check that you have power going to the LB and then work backwards to the zig unit. without a meter you will never get an answer to whats going wrong.
michael

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Any luck getting a meter yet.

There was a post within the last week by Diabolo I think, pointing to a cheap deal at ALDI. >>>here<<<

I assume then, this is your unit.:thumb:

Link Removed

>>This<< suggests it is a monitoring panel only and there must be another charger somewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back