Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I'm going off the French :rolleyes: Hot on the heels of Sanef not letting me use a credit card for Libre-t, Camping-Car Park have just told me they are stopping the Liberté option. This worked the same as Libre-t, you just used the aires as you wished and they simply took the payment afterwards, simple! Now I've got to give them an amount in advance, they suggest €80!!!!.

My question is does anyone know if you need credit on your Pass'étapes to ENTER an aire? If possible then I can just add the amount to cover my stay when I leave. I've really got a thing about paying in advance for services I haven't yet used.
Top up amount is up to you . It shows 80€ then each side a plus or minus to change the amount you wish to add

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I just loaded with €30 two years ago.

I still have €19 due to COVID. :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
If you have a card you can enter. I entered with just 72 cents on card from last use. Top up at machine at your leisure. As long as card has enough for stay barrier opens on exit.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Exactly as LennyHB say’s #14. What could be simpler.
We find them a good addition to free aires and occasional sites.

At 8 - 12euros for secure parking, EHU fresh water and dump with decent size bays whats not to like.
no doubt in years to come when they have a monopoly they might hike the prices, so enjoy whilst you can

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
My sister in law has just added 10 euros to hers. I just add enough as I go. I find it a brilliant system.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have a card you can enter. I entered with just 72 cents on card from last use. Top up at machine at your leisure. As long as card has enough for stay barrier opens on exit.
I did realise you could get in without credit on the card, I'll try that if we use one again.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Top up amount is up to you . It shows 80€ then each side a plus or minus to change the amount you wish to add

That’s right, I got it down to €30. (y)

I got it down to £0.00!!!. It seemed to accept that. I thought it might be safer that way incase it doesn't arrive in time. If it arrives I will top up more.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I got it down to £0.00!!!. It seemed to accept that. I thought it might be safer that way incase it doesn't arrive in time. If it arrives I will top up more.
Got it to €30 so I had some credit. (y)

Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
One issue I found, and I don't know if its changed, but when you load the card with Euros those can only be used for adhoc arrivals. If you look and see there are say 4 spaces and you decide to book, you have to pay by card online it will not use the credit you have loaded. Also you needed to pay for the ability to book. The Aires are great in my opinion,and the ability to view availability and book is equally convenient. If they have changed the ability to pay for booked spaces from the account loading please sing out.
No, you are correct and it has not changed. If you book online you pay by credit card. The money on your card is only for adhoc arrivals. You can also only book (definitely same day) if there at least 5 spaces available.

But the app is updated instantaneously, so if there are a decent number of free spaces (like there are currently on most sites) then it’s reasonably safe to turn up and use the credit on your card.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
We are at Seurre at moment and it is full watched it go down from 18 available places to 3 and then to 0 and saw 4 Motorhomes unable to get in.

we had nothing except cents left on our card but got in ok. I added 40 to cover time here I refuse to leave more than cents in their account

this is a nice aire but we haven’t been keen on them as we’ve had some awful ones.

I do not rate their free WiFi as it’s never been good for anything for us so to me a gimmick. Maybe one or two pitches might be ok

watching a lot of folks trying to get satellite here has been fun. Very few pitches are able to get sight through trees that surround it

carol

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Exactly as LennyHB say’s #14. What could be simpler.
We find them a good addition to free aires and occasional sites.

At 8 - 12euros for secure parking, EHU fresh water and dump with decent size bays whats not to like.
no doubt in years to come when they have a monopoly they might hike the prices, so enjoy whilst you can
They may not have a monopoly - saw in a French MH magazine the other day that there is another network as well. Can’t remember the name, I’m afraid, and of course CCP May just take them over.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
I'm going off the French :rolleyes: Hot on the heels of Sanef not letting me use a credit card for Libre-t, Camping-Car Park have just told me they are stopping the Liberté option. This worked the same as Libre-t, you just used the aires as you wished and they simply took the payment afterwards, simple! Now I've got to give them an amount in advance, they suggest €80!!!!.

My question is does anyone know if you need credit on your Pass'étapes to ENTER an aire? If possible then I can just add the amount to cover my stay when I leave. I've really got a thing about paying in advance for services I haven't yet used.
Been using off an on for the last three months.
Just enter with your card and pay before you leave . No need to have credit on the car but it makes life easier and quicker on departure .

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
One issue I found, and I don't know if its changed, but when you load the card with Euros those can only be used for adhoc arrivals. If you look and see there are say 4 spaces and you decide to book, you have to pay by card online it will not use the credit you have loaded. Also you needed to pay for the ability to book. The Aires are great in my opinion,and the ability to view availability and book is equally convenient. If they have changed the ability to pay for booked spaces from the account loading please sing out.
It’s still the case , happened to me last month a CCP

May 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4i
Our first time in France with a MH, I joined CCP for 5 euros and think that they offer great value, The convenience of having all service's at hand, plus the security of a barrier is worth £10 a night.

Harvard

Free Member
Nov 19, 2013
Broom
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I think they’re great, Bought our card from a machine on entry many years ago, always keep 50€ ish on it. Had a brilliant experience a few years ago at a site where 2 French vans couldn’t get in. I asked them to pull back and let me in. Gallic shrugs, if we French can’t get in then a Brit non non non. Got in no problem. The looks were priceless.
PS, 30m from river, 100m from vet and supermarche, 200m from town, Brocante in town and live music with street food that night. 12€ with EHU, full services, absolute bargain.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Lister You know what it's like when someone laughs at you but you are not sure why? :think:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back