Help with 3 feels like home in Spain. (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I have a contract with 3 unlimited data, was thinking of buying an extra 3 PAYG sim as I'm away for 4 Months, does the data have an expiry date if I register it before leaving the UK?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have a contract with 3 unlimited data, was thinking of buying an extra 3 PAYG sim as I'm away for 4 Months, does the data have an expiry date if I register it before leaving the UK?
I think 'at home' abroad only lasts a month?

Deleted User
As Badknee states, data top ups last a month, but you can top up again online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have a 3 contract and been away for well over a month. Am using it to send this. If you move to a none at home country then come back it starts over again.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I have just taken out a mobile broadband deal with 3. They quoted me a maximum of 2 months exclusive use abroad in any rolling 12 months. if you exceed this they MAY prevent your "feel at home" access. I've just checked their T&Cs on their website and it actually says 3 months.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Must say the shine has come off the Three deal with new restrictions dont... feel that at home anymore:) Probably better of picking up a local Sim for long stays:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Yes me. Twice.
They cut off the 'roaming' facility. When I rang & asked why as I had no problem paying normal rates they said that they were unable to differentiate between "feel at home " & normal. So once you are cut of it will not roam again until 12 months have passed . That's what they told me, although according to them it will work as soon as back in UK.
No they don't normally cut off afte exactly 2 months & that is the problem. First time they didn't cut mine off until I returned to the Uk , had topped up 3 times & used it for 6 weeks , then they cut it off.:mad: Took 5 weeks to sort that out. THis time it got cut off after various warnings after 5 months & the day after it was topped up.
It would appear that the system doesn't automatically cut off & even with the phone on but unused nothing happens until one day you use it & something in the system remembers it should have been cut off & does so. Even though it is months down the line.

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We have a monthly contract with a 3 mifi. ÂŁ21 for 20GB per month. I hadn't realised that there is a limit of 12GB per month when abroad. It worked fine for the first 3 weeks. Download speeds were more than adequate in France and Spain and we have had a full 3G signal almost wherever we've been. We hit the 12GB limit after 3 weeks (due to using it for work and BBC iPlayer downloads) and all we could get then was a 3 mobile page telling us we'd reached our limit. A week later when the new month started it started working again. We are due home just about the time we reach the end of our second month so we'll possibly not find out if it gets cut off after that. I may cancel this contract and start a new one.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've used ours for over three months. But in places its just too slow for anything but very casual non urgent use. Even with 5 bar 3G signals, the carrier seems to give you the barest minimum of bandwidth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back