help. Where can we buy a EHU adaptor near Ypres? (1 Viewer)

Zacshoomans

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Bath
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 2013
Exp
Newbies
Having Dometic fridge problems..... the freezer is at -6 but the fridge around +14 :-(

I don’t think the gas is working, and we hadn’t realised we were missing an EHU adaptor so missing out on the EHU.

For once google isn’t helping me - does anyone know where we should find an adaptor near Ypres??

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
motorhome dealers Ypres comes up with

http://www.decuypermotorhomes.be/ 13 Kms

although if the freezer is working putting it on electric won't make any difference.Turning the fridge/freezer UP will make it worse.Could be the conductivity paste on the back of the fridge fins needs replacing.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Campirama (our dealer) will have one, just up the road from you.

Campirama NV, Minervastraat 7, 8870 Izegem, Belgium
1568368585907.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zacshoomans

Zacshoomans

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Bath
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 2013
Exp
Newbies
motorhome dealers Ypres comes up with

http://www.decuypermotorhomes.be/ 13 Kms

although if the freezer is working putting it on electric won't make any difference.Turning the fridge/freezer UP will make it worse.Could be the conductivity paste on the back of the fridge fins needs replacing.

Tbh i’m Not sure if the freezer is working - or if it’s more residual since we were on the move?

The fridge was working on Tuesday when we had on EHU at home. We left Wed am - for our first trip! We only picked up the van last Friday......

OP
OP
Zacshoomans

Zacshoomans

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Bath
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 2013
Exp
Newbies
today’s update - thanks to rb62 we picked up an adaptor from the Decuyper dealer in Poperinge - and finally got back onto EHU at 3pm today.

We were driving for 4 hours today, so fridge/freezer would have been on 12v.

At 3pm we arrived at campsite and got onto EHU.

At 3pm the freezer was reading 0degrees, and the fridge 17degrees.
At 9.30pm the freezer is -6degrees, and the fridge is 11degrees

The van is in the shade

Hoping the fridge will drop further by the morning!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
At least it's heading in the right direction!

OP
OP
Zacshoomans

Zacshoomans

Free Member
Aug 16, 2019
Bath
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo 2013
Exp
Newbies
Not wishing to teach you the obvious, but, are you sure the fridge is switching power source?

We are newbies - so nothing is obvious ;-)

The temp had been set to the default middle - we’ve now set it to max.
It’s set to auto power source - and the lights are changing on the control panel...
I haven’t heard any ‘clicking’ when we turn on the gas - however there was some heat in the top vent - so assume something must be working?!
We do have some freezer packs in the freezer so hopefully can use them to help chill the fridge if it hasn’t improved in the morning.

We are in Luxembourg now - and will stay another night here - hopefully 40 hours on EHU will help chill.
I’d assumed that 12v when driving would actually chill - but the dealer now suggests that it won’t?

Silly question - shouldn’t the habitation checks actually check that these things actually work? Or am I being naive?!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Don’t have your fridge set to max. This tends to work it too hard and is less effective. I run mine at three of five LEDs. So just above midway.
The fridge should cool whilst driving, and I will be taking that power from your engine battery whilst engine is running. Gas should be the power source that the fridge works best on. Many of us install fans behind the fridge to assist with it operation, and much info can be found about these on this site. You do have to get used to the slow cooling and the quick, and efficient use of the fridge door. I found a standard fridge to manage and be ok up to the high 20 degrees, but higher you need the fans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back