• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Help when buying Swift Bolero 680 (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2016
Donny
Funster No
MH
Toyota convertion
Exp
Since 2018
Good afternoon all,

I’m looking to buy a Motorhome after previously owning a small camper van.

What do you think about a swift bolero 680

I have read many posts about good and bad features to look for, but I’m asking your advice about what questions I need to ask, or what to look for, as I feel a bit overwhelmed with it all and don’t want to be ‘diddled’ ( ripped off ) and then have a motorhome I can’t use.

Thanks in advance :D

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
We went from campervan to motorhome and in retrospect I think we should have either hired some or accepted that we might change what we wanted from a motorhome and be prepared to change vehicles. We have a particular layout (which we both loved at time of looking / buying ) and now we're not so sure and might like another layout ...

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Are you buying new or second hand?

But either way - buy a damp meter and use it on the van. Any readings over 20% then walk away.

Make them show you how to work everything on the van - if it moves - move it.

Everything fitted in the van should have some paperwork - instruction manuals etc. Check all the paperwork and check the vin number on the paperwork applies to the van you are buying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
why a swift bolero? I would concentrate more on getting the right layout rather than the make/model of van. you might get exactly the same layout on a different van. good advice from Mike and Marc (above)

even though you think you might have selected the right van/layout, don't be too concerned if yours isnt 'perfect' - I doubt the perfect van out there exists until you've had it a while and carried out any little 'improvements' to suit you and the way you use it!

PS we have just bought a swift bolero and think its a great motorhome (so far) - but we bought it more for the layout and price rather then the name. I checked it all for damp etc but still had a few teething problems getting everything working - YouTube is a fantastic source of information on how things work

OP
OP
Skyblue
Apr 20, 2016
Donny
Funster No
MH
Toyota convertion
Exp
Since 2018
Are you buying new or second hand?

But either way - buy a damp meter and use it on the van. Any readings over 20% then walk away.

Make them show you how to work everything on the van - if it moves - move it.

Everything fitted in the van should have some paperwork - instruction manuals etc. Check all the paperwork and check the vin number on the paperwork applies to the van you are buying.

Second hand is what we want as can’t quite afford the brand new ones. We have been looking for a bigger vehicle for a while.

Damp meter sounds great idea and I will google where to get one from, looking at the forum I’m really worried about that.

Thanks for the information (y)

OP
OP
Skyblue
Apr 20, 2016
Donny
Funster No
MH
Toyota convertion
Exp
Since 2018
why a swift bolero? I would concentrate more on getting the right layout rather than the make/model of van. you might get exactly the same layout on a different van. good advice from Mike and Marc (above)

even though you think you might have selected the right van/layout, don't be too concerned if yours isnt 'perfect' - I doubt the perfect van out there exists until you've had it a while and carried out any little 'improvements' to suit you and the way you use it!

PS we have just bought a swift bolero and think its a great motorhome (so far) - but we bought it more for the layout and price rather then the name. I checked it all for damp etc but still had a few teething problems getting everything working - YouTube is a fantastic source of information on how things work

I’ve looked for quite a while at 100 different types always popping into others vans when I can and researching what we need.

Think the layout is perfect having a fixed bed after going from a canpervan which isn’t that much shorter.
Also the higher roof will make it seem more roomy but I don’t fancy climbing up ladders in the middle of the night.

We’ve been looking for about a year and it would be great to have something else for our summer ( Autumn/ winter ) trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Theres a very nice Trigano challenger with fixed bed and low profile for sale in the adverts section ..... lots of toys and 12 month MoT ....

Cant think who might be selling it though :sneaky: but i know theyre open to offers aa theyve just bought a swift bolero 680FB

Well it was for sale ... sorry now sold !

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back