Help wanted please, awning light (1 Viewer)

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
My friends have an Auto-Trail Cheyenne 630SE, they have an awning light ( outside ) they cannot find a switch for it, they have asked others when on a site but still no luck, so I said I may be able to find out from you very helpful funsters. can anyone help please?, they would be so grateful, they are not members because they are not into computers and don`t even have one.

They have a shaped cover over the kitchen sink which is in two halves, there is a metal lip for want of a better word, does anyone know what it is for and does it fit anywhere else for some reason.?
Many thanks

Margaret

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
My friends have an Auto-Trail Cheyenne 630SE, they have an awning light ( outside ) they cannot find a switch for it

Not got an Autotrail but the switch for my van's awning light is just a touch pad on the control panel. Took me a while to find it when I first got my van. :RollEyes:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Touch pad on our Auto-Trail.
Depends which model control panel they have, but ours is the bottom left hand side as you face the panel.
The panel on ours is above the habitation door.
There is also a slight delay when you switch it on until it lights up properly.

Is the light an LED strip or an opaque oval shaped one ?

Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
On our AutoTrail the control panel is above the habitation door.
The AUX button turns the awning light on and off, there is a slight delay before the light comes on.

Brisey.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
My friends have an Auto-Trail Cheyenne 630SE, they have an awning light ( outside ) they cannot find a switch for it, they have asked others when on a site but still no luck, so I said I may be able to find out from you very helpful funsters. can anyone help please?, they would be so grateful, they are not members because they are not into computers and don`t even have one.

They have a shaped cover over the kitchen sink which is in two halves, there is a metal lip for want of a better word, does anyone know what it is for and does it fit anywhere else for some reason.?
Many thanks

Margaret
Hi Margret,
As others have said my awning light switch is on the control panel and it takes a few seconds to come on.
Regarding the sink covers, I contacted Autotrail about this and got the reply below.

When the vehicle was supplied to the dealer there would have been the mating part to this rail. The idea was the mating part could be fixed somewhere in the van so the flap could be used as shelf or extra worktop. If the original owner did not have this fitted I would guess it would have been thrown away. I am sorry but we can no longer supply this part.

Regards

Steve Moverley
Development Manager

Hope this helps
John

OP
OP
daisy mae

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Wow! that was quick, thank you so much, will contact my friends later.

This forum is great, :thumb::thumb:

Margaret

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The light switch is as others h e saix the AUX buton abover the door.

the fixing rail for the sink covers was in long green bag that the awning winder and awning support pole was in in my mh. I found it by accident so it may be worth looking in all lockeds undfloor ect you may have it already

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
You may also be able to bring the awning light on, like on mine, by using the remote to unlock the front doors. Useful if you return to the van at night.

OP
OP
daisy mae

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Thanks Funsters, my friends were very surprised at the quick responses, also very happy that they have the answers to.

So thank you on their behalf. :thanks2:

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back