Help wanted in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I seem to have managed to leave my water filler cap behind when we last filled up yesterday.
Have been back but no sign of it, so I need to source a new one. We are currently in Porto Covo heading in the direction of Vila Nova de Milfontes. Does anyone know of a spares dealer in the general western Algarve or indeed anywhere round?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you may find a petrol filler emergency cap fits . look in the supermarkets or filling station shops .
one of my mates has been using one for years

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
as Alan said.. (y)

I 'lost' the the diesel filler cap in Morocco, think I left it on the ground. :doh:

.. As a an emergency cap, I used the lid off a Marmite jar. .. fitted like a glove... and not seen as it was behind the filler door.. sold it with it still fitted.. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mrhappydog

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner IT728G
Exp
If you get really stuck I am coming down in a couple of weeks. You could get one posted to me and I will bring it down.

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Many thanks for all the helpful and amusing replies. That's what is so great about Fun.
As it turns out, I eventually turned up Camperserv via google and they have what I need in stock. Panic over, time for (another) beer!:)

Reactions: Mel

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my trauma gas valve (2nd one - never again!) quit on me in Spain last year...Gaslow posted a replacement over (not trauma(y)) bought a little single burner stove to keep me going....these things are sent to test our resolve:D

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
as Alan said.. (y)

I 'lost' the the diesel filler cap in Morocco, think I left it on the ground. :doh:

.. As a an emergency cap, I used the lid off a Marmite jar. .. fitted like a glove... and not seen as it was behind the filler door.. sold it with it still fitted.. :LOL:
I know someone who has gummed up his engine 'cos he tried to run it on Marmite,he said it said so on the filler cap:0)!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back