Help - want to buy an ebike in Italy (1 Viewer)

Checkingout

Free Member
Mar 12, 2017
Australia
Funster No
MH
Blucamp Sky 25S
Exp
We have landed in Italy after a long time planning our extended pre-retirement around Europe. We hired a couple of ebikes for a ride along the Appian Way in Rome and we are sold on the ebike concept. The next question is where can we buy some in Italy for a reasonable price. We are hoping to get away with under E1,500 each (we only need them to last a couple of years). We will be picking up our motorhome in about a week, not to far from Milan and Turin. I am not sure how much payload we are going to have available so don't know how big an issue weight is going to be for us.

Any suggestions on suitable models and places we might be able to buy these would be great. Good used models would be even better.

How do funsters get on with insurance for these?

Are there any super tough locks/chains recommended for foiling would be thieves?

Thanks for any help you can give.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
If you are going to be in one location for a while then you could try ordering them from Alltricks.com, I ordered mine to a Spanish address. I have a Haibike Sduro 27.5 hardtail with detachable battery which reduces the weight on the bike rack. They have different types, mine is a mountain bike and weighs around 21kgs in total.
As for locks, I have three including an American alarmed lock but just look on sites like Amazon to get users ratings. Insurance is a problem for me as I don't have a garage and I fulltime abroad mainly so I currently can't get insurance as the companies won't insure my bike as its visible (even though its covered).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If traveling through Germany to pick up the van, Germany is probably cheapest place to buy e-bikes, bought our Scott's from Germany delivered to the UK in 3 days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Bought ours in Germany last month whilst there, good price and great discount!
The shop we went to was in Bad Worishofen in Bavaria, Trubenbacher cycles, owner speaks perfect English. Hope that may be useful.
I bought a seriously heavy lock and chain from a motorcycle shop, much more secure than bicycle chains !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back