Help. Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 fault code P1138 (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Can anyone offer any tips to cure an engine management fault code P1138
I have removed the air filter, oil is OK water is OK. Code indicates oxygen sensor, catalytic converter.
Any one had similar and what was the cure. I have rechecked the error code and it comes back on as P1138. Thanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You will be lucky to get a definitive answer here they will at best be best guesses
That code could indicate a fauly sensor or poor electrical connection to a hole in the exhaust not to mension poor fuel delivery

OP
OP
Jimbohorlicks
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You will be lucky to get a definitive answer here they will at best be best guesses
That code could indicate a fauly sensor or poor electrical connection to a hole in the exhaust not to mension poor fuel delivery
Thanks, I was just hoping someone had experienced the same issue and how they sorted it.
Do you know if this re indicates a fault... On the odb port fault finder their is an erase facility. Does this temporarily erase the fault code or the engine management light to see if the issue has been cleared?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Whip the Lamba sensor off and give it a dose of carburettor cleaner, refit and clear fault codes
And take it for a run, if code come back check exhaust for air leak before the sensor, check wiring from sensor to loom, and last thing replace sensor, that would be the cheaper way to go, just takes a bit of time,

OP
OP
Jimbohorlicks
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Whip the Lamba sensor off and give it a dose of carburettor cleaner, refit and clear fault codes
And take it for a run, if code come back check exhaust for air leak before the sensor, check wiring from sensor to loom, and last thing replace sensor, that would be the cheaper way to go, just takes a bit of time,
Thanks, will try that. How do I clear the fault code, is that on the code reader or the dash, on the dash it comes on straight away, well it really doesn't go off when you switch the engine on. There are no other fault lights on. No service light etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jimbohorlicks
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just as an update. Re the engine management light. Its sorted.
I had removed the air filter as I thought I had a spare but couldn't find it. So closed the box without one in. Still no cure.
Tried to remove the lamda sensor, but due to limited access could just about get a 22mm open ended spanner over the sensor nut, but it wouldn't budge. Liberally sprayed it a couple of doses with wd40. Overnight soak, still wouldn't budge. Looked up e Bay to buy a 22mm socket with a slot to allow for the sensor wire. Checked the vauxhall forum as suggested by The Ex-Gasman where someone suggested disconnecting the battery, did that, left it off for 30 mins. Reconnected and result. Engine management light goes out on starting the engine.
So guys, thanks for all the input, it all helped. (y) :h::cheers:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back