Help! Truma Combi 6E - Error 112 H and 122 H (1 Viewer)

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Preparing to purchase this year
Urgent help please! We’re newbies in the middle of The snowy fields of Leicestershire in our brand new Burstner - now getting Error Code 112 H on our Truma Combi 6 E.

We have gas and electricity ok - and the Operating Instructions indicate:

Combustion air infeed or exhaust outlet is sealed. Remedy: Inspect openings for obstructions (which we have - nothing found).

Also, Gas pressure system faulty (or maybe iced up??) Remedy: Inspect / replace gas regulation system (probably not something we can do tonight!)

Does anyone have any thoughts on this freezing cold night??

We were advised not to run the Truma on electricity only - would it be worth risking it for just tonight.

Would really welcome any advice.

Many thanks in advance xx

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If on EHU I always run on Electricity only. I leave mine on all day and only switch off at night and timed to come back on well before having to get up.
Maybe an obvious one, but if you have an exhaust cowling, is that removed? Are other gas appliances working - Fridge, cooker etc?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
It's quite cold, if your gas cylinder pressure s low boiler might see that and refuse to light. Gas rings, ovens and fridge don't check for pressure. Boiler does.
So some causes of low gas pressure could be
Using butane? It's too cold and liquid will not gas enough for boiler.
Low level of gas in cylinder, not enough pressure for boiler
Using foreign autogas, it's a mixture of butane and propane in places like Spain, so will not work well in the cold.
You could try boiling a kettle and pouring over the gas cylinder, this will raise temp and pressure in cylinder. If boiler works then problem is either type of gas or low level of gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi Zigisla, thanks so much for getting back to us on this.

Yes, gas cooker working fine. Not sure about about the exhaust cowling - at least have not ‘obviously’ noticed one.

You’ve mightily put our minds at rest about running the heating on electricity only for tonight though. So as we’re on EHU will run that overnight - we can snuggle in warm under the duvets but the dog hasn’t learned to stay put in her bed under the blankets yet .

Thanks again for your help

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi SandraL,

Thanks so much for your suggestions; we’re running propane, so hopefully that should be ok. However, the gas might well be a bit low, so that could definitely be a thought.

Since it’s so late and cold, think we’ll stick with the electric solution tonight and bear in mind your hot water trick for the future. Will definitely change the bottle tomorrow though!

Thanks again for your help xx

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We are away for the Xmas period for 3 days in the New Forest. Once the MH is up to temp on Mix 2, it will be left on EHU until we move off. Plenty of Hot Water and Heating.:xThumb: If your paying for it - Use it.:xwink:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If the temperature is really cold you should see "steam" coming out of the heater exhaust if on gas.
-12C at our storage place yesterday with the exhaust condensing on the bodywork and forming icicles before it could drip onto the ground! Brrrrrrrrr!
Run it on leccie for a while and then try gas again.
As previously said, leccie only if you're paying for it on a site. Downside is that it takes longer to raise temperature.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Do you have refillable gas system? You may need to make sure both bottles are turned on. Happened to me earlier in the year. @flatpackchicken advised.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello @MandyA ... did you survive?????? :xeek:

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi everyone - yes we survived the cold . Thanks so much for all your help and support - what a way to start Week Three as newbie (full time) motor-homers

We’ve certainly learned a great deal more about our fabulous Lizzie and her heating system than we might’ve in the easy peasey summer

Anyways, onwards and upwards! We’ve moved down to Coventry , our ‘base camp’, from Loughborough, on our way down to High Wycombe where we’re ‘piggy-backing’ at our daughters over Christmas. Both daughters are slowly beginning to get their head’s around their mum’s new lifestyle - but they’re getting there, love them

Hope you all have a very merry and snug Christmas - and thanks again for all your support.

Look forward to catching up again soon

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi Duck Truck - yes we have propane bottles (though they’re a really tight fit!). We’re booked in to have Gaslow fitted in January (hoping to take up a deal from someone off to NZ and having to have their system removed), which makes them slightly more affordable . Hopefully they’ll be more effective and convenient??

Theonlysue and Gellyneck - sorry I didn’t reply to you both directly above; have taken on board your suggestions and definitely feel forearmed by anything the weather might throw at us now .

Take good care.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
There is no reason not to run the Truma on electric only so I don't know where that advice came from unless you misunderstood it?

The Truma on electric is just not as powerful as a nice bit of gas heating but it's designed to run on either or both.

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi Duck Truck and haganap.

Yes, the heating is working with gas only now - and with gas and electricity.

We were advised by the technician on the ‘handover’ of our new van that to run the heating on electricity only would burn out the motor. Had presumed at the time he probably meant running on electricity only over a long period - but were not keen to risk that till we’d checked it out.

Having taken on board all of the previous most helpful suggestions, I’m now of the impression that it’s best to heat up with gas and then run on leccy when on EHU??

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We were advised by the technician on the ‘handover’ of our new van that to run the heating on electricity only would burn out the motor. Had presumed at the time he probably meant running on electricity only over a long period - but were not keen to risk that till we’d checked it out.
Presumably the motor he is referring to is the air circulation motor, but that will be running when on gas as well so doesn’t make sense. It would be more sensible if he’d said running on electricity for a long period is likely to ‘burn out’ the elements. However, I’ve full timed for over 6 years and ran the heating on electric all through every winter, with a break of about 2 hours every day to give both the air circulation motor and the elements a rest (just running a fan heater in between).

OP
OP
MandyA

MandyA

Free Member
May 1, 2017
CV23 9NL
Funster No
MH
NA
Exp
Hi maz,
Wow, 6 years, I bet you’ve got some amazing tales to tell! Will definitely look up your posts to see what we can learn from your experiences
I guess, being a non-techie myself, he might have said ‘element’ and I’ve misinterpreted him. We’re, happily, thoroughly reassured that we can run our heating on electric now, with short breaks, whenever on EHU and will save gas till we’re more off piste. Should make life a lot easier - and cheaper

Thanks for your comments and support x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back