Help. Toilet cassette problems (1 Viewer)

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Whilst at Lincoln the flap that opens/closes the cassette stopped working so I thought I'm not far from home will sort it when I get back. Now home I discover I can't get the cassette out to empty it. Any ideas on what to do?
Kath

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
depends what model of cassette you have,
is it the type with a turn dial that opens the flap or a bush button type?

OP
OP
K

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Broken Link Removed

Nipped out and took a photo. Hope that helps
Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A similar thing happened to me with our Elddis, Kath. If memory serves it was because the grey cover was stuck so had not been pushed towards the door (exposing the black flap) when the cassette was inserted. Possible cause is that the cassette seal is standing too proud.

I think I freed it by a combination of shuffling the cassette in/out to release it - firmly but not too savagely to break anything.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you can get somebody to help you one can be inside and press down on the seal whilst the other shuffles the cassette about.

Edit: Thetford have maintenance/repair manuals Here. Having released the cassette and emptied it, take the seal covers off, give the seal a good clean and then rub olive oil (not sunflower or vegetable oil) over it. If the seal has become hard replace the seal.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We had a similar problem. I found that it was the flap opening lever not quite aligning the orange turn button on the cassette to allow it to release from the mechanism that it engages into. By peering in from the outside access, you may even be able to see it.
Try opening and closing the flap from inside a few times which may do the trick. Hope that helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Whilst at Lincoln the flap that opens/closes the cassette stopped working so I thought I'm not far from home will sort it when I get back. Now home I discover I can't get the cassette out to empty it. Any ideas on what to do?
Kath

Don't forget that before you can remove a cassette the lever must be in the closed position, even if the flap doesn't close!

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back