Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
The flap that opens between the bowl and the cassette only opens 60% , also the handle that operates this now only goes half way when in the closed position.
This has been caused by me forcibly pushing the cassette in from the outside whilst the trap was partially open.
Can anyone tell me how to rectifie this ,I think that possibly the slot that the cassette locates in has turned 180 degrees .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
take the cassette out, strip out the mechanism clean and lubricate with silicone spray and reassemble. how to dismantle varies from model to model. some you need to take out 6 screws some just turn 90* and pull up

getting the jammed cassette out can be a task and a half

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
If you search on youtube there are videos on how to refurbish your cassette. We're just about to do ours.
Some of the videos are a bit yucky this one isn't too bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There is a little cogged wheel in the body of the toilet that you can see when the cassette is removed. It has slipped out of place. Easy to remove using screw in the middle. Turn back to the correct position and will be OK. Is a bit hit and miss to find correct position so you will need to try it several times before you get it right.

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Many thanks for the replies , With the above info I'll have a look at it today, bit worried as I tend to be a bit heavy handed .

OP
OP
Melvin

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
There is a little cogged wheel in the body of the toilet that you can see when the cassette is removed. It has slipped out of place. Easy to remove using screw in the middle. Turn back to the correct position and will be OK. Is a bit hit and miss to find correct position so you will need to try it several times before you get it right.
You were spot on ,all done in 15 mins ,thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back