Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
image.jpeg hi ... This morning opened the blade by moving lever to the right, but when I have tried to close the blade the operating lever is jammed.

I emptied the cassette yesterday and had used it several times since with no problem. I tried to remove the cassette to get a better look but of course this won't come out unless the blade is closed.

Can anybody suggest a way forward?

Kind regards

Chris

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A big hammer:D

As the blade is open you should be able get your hand inside and have a fiddle hopefully you will find some bog paper jamming the mechanism. Once you get the cassette out take the mechanism out and give it a good clean. It comes out by rotating the top of the housing about a quarter of a turn, it will be very tight.

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Cheers Lenny.....will try tomorrow ....wish I had taken a better look at how the lever connects to the cassette when I had It out!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
All fixed. In now know a lot more about how they work. I should have had a good look at it BEFORE it went wrong. So basically wiggled the cassette wiggled the lever wiggled the cassette again and it closed. Now taken apart , throughly cleaned and lubed with silicon. All good. The videos on the thetford site were really helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back