Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
my other half has bought me a android tablet , but it will not let me connect to the home sky broadband internet [via the sky wireless router] as you can see the system is all working fine with my laptop but it just keeps saying "authentiction problem"on the tablet . i have entered the password off the router but to no avail . any ideas ????? cheers garry

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks for the quick reply papajohn ,yes i have entered the password exactly as it is on the router [8 letters all the same case ] cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a thought !

I use BT so dont know the connection procedure for Sky but i would think its the same thing.

Open tablets wifi, select wifi network then enter password for first time connection.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just found this on mine (samsung tab 3)

To add a wifi network manually

Go to settings
Open wifi
Look for 'add wifi network' (bottom of page on mine)
Enter the networks SSID
Enter the networks security type
Click 'connect'

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
yeah ive gone thru the whole start up procedure , picked out my sky internet connection and put in the password but it just comes back with " authentication problem" i cant get out at the moment but i thought i will go to a mcdonalds later just to make sure the tablet itself works ok off a open hotspot ! then at least i will know if its my home connection or not !

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
My iPad always connected to my Sky wireless router until two weeks ago. The laptop was fine so assumed it was a problem with the iPad. I got loads of tips from the internet but nothing worked then, hey presto, it started picking it up again yesterday. Will never know what that was about.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Just found this on mine (samsung tab 3)

To add a wifi network manually

Go to settings
Open wifi
Look for 'add wifi network' (bottom of page on mine)
Enter the networks SSID
Enter the networks security type
Click 'connect'

Hi PappaJohn
Had the same problem with my Samsung.
Followed your instructions to the letter, and....IT WORKS !!!!
Many thanks

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Just a thought. While it is unusal to change the router's passkey, there is an option for it to be done. Is it possible that the key has been changed from that on the sticker?

Wyn

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just a thought. While it is unusal to change the router's passkey, there is an option for it to be done. Is it possible that the key has been changed from that on the sticker?

Wyn
Well seeing it is sky I didn't post because I know nowt about it, but on the bt router there are two different pass keys, I have used the wrong one before now,but seeing you are already useing a laptop you must have put the correct one in that, please ignore this post if I am compleatly off but just in case it helps

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks for all your replies guys .my brain is fried with it now . nothings ever straightforward these days is it?

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
1 common problem is that the WIFI on the tablet is switched to off, obvious but you would be amazed how many times this is the cause, switch router off at power supply and remove network from tablet, switch router back on then on tablet search for wifi, should then find your sky router and then connect after entering password exactly as it is on router.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back