Help stopping mattress sliding on slats (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
As the title suggests, everytime we move and drive, the mattress moves with us. Has anyone come up with a great way to keep it in one place. Was thinking Velcro strips everywhere. Then wondered if the non slip mats for under rugs would work. Tell me if you have found a way please. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
Interesting I've never seen a mattress move in a Motorhome normally held in place buy walls and cabinet sides.

Froli Stars may work you could replace the slats with them or they do a version that fits on the slats.

Amazon product ASIN B002BW7NA0
Hi lenny
its an island bed so no no sides to grip on to. It’s becoming a reall problem now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We had a problem with the carpets sliding about on the vinyl floor covering in our MH and cured it with an anti slip material from Dunelm. It has a tacky feel to it which makes it grip both surfaces it is between.

OP
OP
Belledog
Apr 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Zefiro 696
Exp
I’m a newbie
We had a problem with the carpets sliding about on the vinyl floor covering in our MH and cured it with an anti slip material from Dunelm. It has a tacky feel to it which makes it grip both surfaces it is between.

Will take a look at this thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try the rug stuff under both the larger main section and the smaller end section but you may still find that it moves, if so then sew some straps under the end section at the outer edges where it meets the main section, you can then loop these round the framework to keep them in place - putting velcro on the ends of the straps should allow you to get them nice and tight when you wind them round. If needs be you could put some on the larger section too if that also moves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back