Free Member
Apr 28, 2019
Essex
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
1 month...and counting.
This is a great result, im very pleased to see a good outcome. I must admit once onto page 2 of the thread i did worry for you. Well done.

I took a damp meter to view mine and still found leaks once I got it home. Nothing too serious but still you have to be careful. The damp meter will pick up anything remotely wet at the time.
Look for subtle things like the small rusting heads of trim pins...I missed this and only noticed after I had a leaking skylight.

Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hey everybody...

Sorry for not posting an update. It was all a bit stressful.

After following advice from here, I took legal advice. Long story short, I have had my money back and the van returned. Last I knew, the original owner was looking around local places to get it repaired.

Thanks again for your help.

I've booked a holiday away down south now, but will restart my search for another motorhome on my return. Most likely from a reputable trader and one with a grp roof.

Cheers

Matt.

Great to read this.

If/when you find another van ask on here first. There may be someone in your area who will give it a once over for you!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Glad to see that you've got out of this nightmare intact - well £15 (membership) and a lot of stress.

But, playing devils advocate, I can't help feeling a little bit sorry for your seller who, if they've only had it a couple of years, obviously bought a bad 'un and are now trying to get rid of it. Only a little bit, mind, as to me that's a rotten trick to try and foist it off on someone else. Now THEY'VE got the problem, but at least they had the decency to refund your money.

And if it IS someone on here, shame on you but if you don't have the skills yourself you should seriously consider selling it on a spares or repair basis. From what the OP has been telling us it looks, unfortunately to be a lost cause.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hey everybody...

Sorry for not posting an update. It was all a bit stressful.

After following advice from here, I took legal advice. Long story short, I have had my money back and the van returned. Last I knew, the original owner was looking around local places to get it repaired.

Thanks again for your help.

I've booked a holiday away down south now, but will restart my search for another motorhome on my return. Most likely from a reputable trader and one with a grp roof.

Cheers

Matt.
Glad it's all turned out well. While you're down south a very reputable dealer down here is John's Cross near Battle. Member of this group too. I have no connection other than as a customer.

OP
OP
T

Taffymat

Free Member
Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Glad it's all turned out well. While you're down south a very reputable dealer down here is John's Cross near Battle. Member of this group too. I have no connection other than as a customer.
Cheers... I'll give them a look and see what they have in stock. ?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for keeping us all in the loop .
Good News you have money back and you’ve joined a great forum . Download Jim’s info on buying a MH it is full of helpful info!!

Good luck with the next purchase.

OP
OP
T

Taffymat

Free Member
Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thank you for keeping us all in the loop .
Good News you have money back and you’ve joined a great forum . Download Jim’s info on buying a MH it is full of helpful info!!

Good luck with the next purchase.
Great, thanks. Where do I download it from please?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great, thanks. Where do I download it from please?
Oops I guessed you would ask and I’m a techno phobe!!! I think it’s under resources!
Someone cleverer than me will be able to give you the link I’m sure!!
Happy reading!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Taffymat you will find Jim’s 10 things to look for when buying a MH under Articles in the forum list .
Press the 3 horizontal lines and the menu will come up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back