Help required to identify Fiat Ducato X250 hose pipe.. (1 Viewer)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Being totally hopeless with engines I'm hoping some of the more technically-minded funsters can identify the hosepipe indicated on a bracket next to the air filter which attaches to a part further down into the engine. There are two hoses next to each other, it is the hose to the right on the bracket as you look at the engine, it is split which was causing the engine to miss when idling but my temporary repair has corrected it. I'm in Spain and want to either order a new hose or email a garage to see if they have it in stock. I presume the hose is something to do with the air/fuel mixture but would just be guessing really so a description of what it is and what it connects to on the engine would be much appreciated. Apologies if I've missed out any details but my first draft was lost when the wifi crashed and I'm heading out for happy hour in 15 minutes :drink: Studio_20180120_161026.jpg Studio_20180120_160939.jpg

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Any idea @Techno ? It's a 2010 model, any help would be appreciated thanks, Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
As above @dave newell lvs , any ideas? I've posted on the Fiat Forum site as well so hopefully I can identify this pipe (y)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Thanks Dave, I'll research that (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Any small bore rubber hose will be a very good temporary fix, take a bit to a ferritere or however you spell it.. (Spanish diy hardware shop)

Reactions: SMB
OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
@SMB on a side note what type of tape is that that you used to temp repair it.
Just normal duct tape..I've got a feeling you're going to say I need heat-resistant tape! Never thought of that though the pipe isn't actually in contact directly with the engine, the moho isn't moving until I resolve the problem so it will be a visit to the ferreteria today for hose and proper tape...

Last edited:
OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Any small bore rubber hose will be a very good temporary fix, take a bit to a ferritere or however you spell it.. (Spanish diy hardware shop)
Thanks for that, got this reply from the Fiat Forum:

The pictures show the vacuum hose connecting the vacuum solenoid to the EGR valve. When the hose is split, the EGR valve doesn't work and vacuum is impaired whenever the solenoid is activated. The latter means the brake servo cannot do its job properly.

No need to buy this hose as a spare part from Fiat, any piece of rubber hose will do as long as it has the proper inside diameter.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not all rubber hose is oil resistant and too thin a wall thickness may allow it to collapse and prevent the vacuum doing it's job. A lawnmower or chainsaw shop might have a reel of fuel pipe that would be suitable, failing that, a visit to a scrap yard might provide a piece from a newer reg accident damaged vehicle ?

Reactions: SMB

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Just normal duct tape..I've got a feeling you're going to say I need heat-resistant tape! Never thought of that though the pipe isn't actually in contact directly with the engine, the moho isn't moving until I resolve the problem so it will be a visit to the ferreteria today for hose and proper tape...
Never even entered my mind about heat resistant, reason I asked what tape it was is that after seeing this I thought I'll have to get a roll of that for the motorhome as it looks good stuff :)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Not all rubber hose is oil resistant and too thin a wall thickness may allow it to collapse and prevent the vacuum doing it's job. A lawnmower or chainsaw shop might have a reel of fuel pipe that would be suitable, failing that, a visit to a scrap yard might provide a piece from a newer reg accident damaged vehicle ?

Thanks for that, the original fitted pipe has minute metal strips in it probably for the reason you have mentioned so if I can't find a scrapper I'll probably go for the original part (y)

OP
OP
SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Ps thanks to CDK from the Fiat Forum, it's a very informative site for those moho owners on a Fiat chassis (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back