Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I have just had a strange phone call.....we had three other phone calls about the same time in the week but when we answered in french the phone call would ended on there side...this tme I answered in English
We live in France...the message went something like this (with a Asian accent in English).
I am working for Microsoft windows.working from California...you have a virus and I will talk you through it and put it right...
I said, I don't WHO you are, WHAT you are, and where you are working from...India, Africa or many other place, but not Microsft....most likely working for yourself..and this is a scam....
I will not pass any info over the phone to you or any other person..
He said, I will give your Sid code to confirm who I am ....
I said ...Mmmm ......if I had a virus....then let M/s windows do an update and correct it
He said type into your computer on the start menu......cdm/enter
I said NO,
He said......Well F**k off then....and put the phone down....whoooo that is good customer relations verbal

Any other funsters had anythink like this before:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Every single day....

I now know the number and when answer just offer abuse or
I have taught Tara to bark when the phone rings, so I answer it and she barks down it.

By getting you to access your PC they are able to take it over and get all your details .

I never ever buy off the phone no mater what it is.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi

Yes had similar some time ago also saying calling from Microsoft you have a virus, I just said like hell you are and put the phone down.

Recently I have been getting emails offering me a job but in order to get the details of the job I must send them all my personal details such as NI number and such like - yeah right!

Swines the lot of them

Cheers
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Whistle

My mate at work has a whistle he uses and always asks are you listening and let's them have it, swearing just does not have the same effect in a foreign language!::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
This is a current scam, well done for not falling for it.

There is another one where unscrupulous phone up and say your cards have been cloned and ask for details. If you refuse, they say dont worry phone our fraud department to confirm.

When you hang up the phone, NOTE, your line is still connected at the other end you dial the number you were given and they answer professionally.

IF you receive a call saying your bank cards have been cloned or there has been unusual spending DO NOT GIVE ANY DETAILS OUT and most of all

DO NOT DIAL YOUR BANK FROM THE SAME TELEPHONE

This is an extremely clever scam dont get caught out xxxxxx

Have a great bank holiday everyone

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
they are pickin ya signal mel from ya booster i told ya to not use her again :ROFLMAO:
and btw hows ya both doing

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Aaaggh! We get these on a regular basis, Indian accent saying he's from Microsoft, same scenerio as yours. The last one got very aggressive when I told him our number was being monitored and that we could trace where the call was coming from:Doh: He hung up quickly.

Margaret got one a while back and he said to her that there was a problem on our computer and was she sitting at the computer? She said, which computer, we have three? That puzzled him. Then she said to him, "Thank you for holding, your call is important to us, I'll just transfer you to our legal department":roflmto:

He hung up promptly at this point:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It's a common scam these days, well done for sending them packing.

I just say, really that's very interesting, as I don't have a computer, and there are no computers in the household, or just ask them to hold for a minute and go and do something else leaving the phone off the hook......

Never give out any details to anyone who calls you... even if you think they are real, call them back with numbers you already have for them, and do it from another phone.

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
they are pickin ya signal mel from ya booster i told ya to not use her again :ROFLMAO:
and btw hows ya both doing

Fine Bill.....I said those booooooosters were good :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yeah they must be now ya getting signals from the kyber pass :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Depending on how I feel I have a number of approaches ranging from putting the phone down to winding them up. At present it alternates between being totally daft asking 'whats a computer?' to a very severe stammer in both cases they hang up in frustration and I have a bit of fun!:roflmto:

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
But they keep calling.
I string them along for two or three minutes then relieve that I'm using a Linux system, no Microsoft in the house. There is never a comment, just a silent disconnect.

Gordon

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Shirl gets them all the time......

She asks them which computer

Your home pc

We don't have a pc

Your laptop computer then

Don't have one...we don't have a computer of any type

Then for good measure she tells them we don't have a telephone either....that confuses the hell out of them so they hang up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back