HELP: Pubs with lots of land (1 Viewer)

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Guys

I need your help!

I'm looking for land to build a campsite from scratch.

After discussion with various local councils etc it is clear just how difficult it will be - hence the resale prices commanded for established camping/caravan parks (even those with no business income to speak of).

One option suggested to me is to buy spare land adjacent to a pub and attempt to develop that.

I was recently looking at buying a pub with a 5 acre "campsite" until I found he had been served an enforcement notice for lack of planning permission and was required to close the campsite. :Eeek:

So, on your travels, has anyone come across any pubs with loads of land attached - I'm looking for minimum football pitch sized field.

I know it's a long shot, but you never know do you.

Cheers
Paul

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi last time I passed Skipsea grange was for sale-about 40seat resteraunt 8 to 12 b&b rooms with some 40 acres of land,it used to be a cl so electric laid on for about8/10 caravans ---aprox £875,000 but has been on sale a long time--------If you buy it let me know as this was a fav site &would love to go back,half price for finding???:winky:>:)I will even come for the odd w/e &help do it up a bit>:)
terry
PS Jim ringleader did you ever find a site?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
There are a few "ready made" ones on here Paul

Link Removed

And it might be worth contacting these guys too
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Terry,

Thanks but the whole package is a bit above my budget (by £400k :ROFLMAO:) - especially allowing for average £5k pitch for development.

I might take a look at it to see if they wish to sell some of the land though.

EDIT: Just looked and it has been SOLD (http://www.leodiscommercial.co.uk/pubs.htm)

Linda,

Yes, Ive seen those.

If you look at some, you will see what I mean about business income.

£500,000 for 3/4 acre doesn't do much for me

I've also been looking at Edwards & Partners but everything is just so expensive.

Ive even been looking in the USA but soon found you need to invest $1m+ and employ 10 US citizens full time or spend $500,000+ and buy somewhere stuck out in the middle of knowhere to qualify for a business visa, and ultimately a Green Card.

Paul

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI that land to copt oak near coalville leicestershire would be ideal next to good pub mhf had a few meets there in 2005 and 2006 i think allthough i couldnt go because off work!! but i dont know who owns the land

just a thought !

ray

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A seasonal site I could deal with, but a pub as well! Nights and weekends, sober, listening to idiots in drink. Don't think I could do it for long, a week maybe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Keith

I took a look at your first link and then did a Google for "Green Haven".

Link Removed :ROFLMAO:

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Haven_Correctional_Facility :Eeek:

I found the correct one in the end - looks like a nice quiet place. If I didnt need some income I could be tempted.

I'm looking to develop a minimum of 50 pitches though, ideally 75.

Paul

PS the second of your links was actually the one I had been looking at. Firstly, they dont have PP for the campsite, secondly it's being sold by the Official Receivers and thirdly it's under contract anyway.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul, i could not see it or missed it:Doh:
It probably went to the owners of Skirlington (v/big caravan site) to stop competion>:)
There is another site at Saltfleet who the owner (eric) died a couple of years ago,that could take quite a few vans-never found out what happened to that?
somebody may know?
terry

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi seen these on campsite uk:RollEyes:

wonder if any for sale HERE

ray

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
You may wish to consider contacting Farming Auctioneers, as they will have many contacts with Farmers who may be glad to sell an acreage in these hard times, subject of course to relevant Planning Permission, but in some areas they are being encouraged to diversify, so that may not be a problem.

David

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi David

I've been looking at a fair few land agents websites (not the ones selling you a plot on a greenbelt field with the promise of residential PP).

You can get a nice few acres for £20k - the problem is getting permission for the campsite.

Then there's the problem of getting utilities to said field - at least buying behind a pub etc you can tap into their services.

Paul

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Ray

The manager at the Copt Oak has emailed me back to state they are adding an extension with 50 dining covers this year and a 28 bed travelodge in 2009.

They would still have a lot of space (if the land shown on Google Earth is all theirs) but the land price will be thru the roof now they have permission for a travelodge.

Thanks for the tip - it's given me the chance to email the breweries to make a general enquiry for all their sites.

Paul

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Thanks Tina

Will take a look.

The bar in the PDF looks very nice, but you have to wonder where their customers (if any) are coming from.

Paul

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hello All,

Just thought I would give you an update - and ask a question or two for you brainy ones amongst us.

We have identified a 7 acre site for sale in the Midlands, which has electric and mains water to the site.

I'm waiting for some feedback from the Planning Authority with regard a change of use for the land. It won't be easy to get but I'm doing as much (free) research as I can while I wait.

So, as the land has electric coming in, does anyone know what minimum requirements I would need to supply 70 stands with 16amp power (I'm asuming that the present incoming power would be similar to that coming into a standard house and would need some sort of work).

What is the difference between single-phase and three-phase as far as something like this would be concerned? (plain english please).

Finally, I will be looking to put in septic tanks - how big could we be looking at for such a large site?

I should point out that the site is likely to be Holiday Homes rather than touring.

I appreciate that this is fairly techie stuff but I also know we have some pretty brainy people on here so would welcome your thoughts.

Cheers
Paul

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I should point out that the site is likely to be Holiday Homes rather than touring.

Hi Paul,

I hope you get some answers to your 'techie' questions, but are you sure that a motorhome website is the best place to be asking?

BTW, holiday homes generally have larger (than 16 amp) supplies, don't they?
We stayed on a pitch which was waiting for the delivery of the static caravan and it's supply was 40 amp.

Regards and best of luck (even if your site won't be of use to us)

Bryan

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Bryan

You are of course correct in that I may receive better info elsewhere.

But, I wanted to give a follow-up to my original question - and you never know just how talented some MHFunners may be.

Paul

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi Paul, I will send a PM when Mark gets in as we have a small campsite started from nothing (in all 7.5 acres) and intend to extend in the future.
Might help abit.
Eileen

OP
OP
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Thanks Eileen (and Mark),

All info welcome and received with thanks.

Paul

PS I will PM you my email address.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back