Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Please remove this if no aloud.

We need some advice and help please

Our son and his girlfriend are located in bath in Somerset, they understand they will have to travel to work and have a car. Our son has a job there and his French girlfriend will finish her masters degree in September, their accommodation has come to and end and they are looking for somewhere to live.
Because Marine is still doing her masters and Brad is working they are finding it difficult to find accommodation. They have up to £600 per month to spend on rent. We would like to find them a short term static caravan or some place that’s clean and tidy. We do not have the knowledge of the area to know what might be available, so was hoping one of you fine people might have some local information that can help us. They are quiet and well mannered couple who just want somewhere safe to live. Can anybody help. Thanks in advance

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I'd suggest a room in a shared house is their best bet (around £500-£600pcm)
Even in outlying towns and villages the rent of a one bedroom property will likely be in excess of £600pcm (with council tax etc on top).
Melksham, Trowbridge and Frome are commutable and just about within budget but it will be time consuming.
It's not a part of the world where statics are readily available, suitable sites have been changed into park homes and not normally available for short term lets.

I don't envy your son's position, a budget of £600pcm is incredibly limiting, particularly at this time when students have already booked the majority of accommodation for the coming year.
Hope it works out for them!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I guess you have already phoned the camp sites in Bath to enqire?

Also, don't know if this is a silly suggestion, but since it is only temporary, could a phone call to Air B and B possibly help?

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bubble

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
I have tried the camp sites but a booked up now we are allowed to camp, found a couple of mobile home sites that rent but have nothing available. Just hoping somebody might think of something we haven’t. It’s difficult for youngsters who have jobs but their salary does not cover the huge rents for properties in the areas they work in.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have tried the camp sites but a booked up now we are allowed to camp, found a couple of mobile home sites that rent but have nothing available. Just hoping somebody might think of something we haven’t. It’s difficult for youngsters who have jobs but their salary does not cover the huge rents for properties in the areas they work in.

Know what you mean. It's also difficult for a lone old woman too. Unfortunately, the area is extremely high when it comes to housing. :(

Could they possibly live in a secondhand caravan, explain their situation to camp sites and maybe that could help. Sites usually have a small space somewhere to hand.

I tried trailing all around farms... No luck. Most of them are rented off land owners who stipulate that they cannot let mh's or caravanners stay on the land. Really wish you good luck. Air b and b MAY be a way.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Buy a cheap caravan and find a cl or cs in that area. That’ll will work out a lot cheaper in the long run.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Ignore the parking spots 😁 there seem to be quite a few options

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Buy a cheap caravan and find a cl or cs in that area. That’ll will work out a lot cheaper in the long run.
CLs and CSs have a limited stay, I think it is about three weeks.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
28 days I believe, then you have to 'vacate' for a night and can stay another 28 days, or at least it used to be many, many years ago!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Some allow longer, it’s against the rules, but they put you into a different field. We stayed a lot longer when we were fulltuming, on more than one. Stays of more than 28 days are allowed on some standard campsites. I know one near Cambridge that allowed long stayers, they were licensed for such.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back