LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I probably won't understand your answers .. but will try.

Not been able to get to my laptop for few weeks and normally no probs logging on. Just connected it to my 3 wifi Huawaaii .. the wifi full signal... in the bottom right hand corner of computer screen it says connected to 3 wifi Huewaai full signal ... but when I log on computer and click on open Google chrome it refuses to open. It says No Internet connection. When I ask for details it states that there is no internet connection.. which there IS. I tried to connect by Firefox but a message comes up cannot load Hps or something like that. That is mormal .. never can get Firefox on it.

Never had any probs before .. Need to go on computer asap as this phone limited access etc.

Any suggestions please .... simply.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Joy the 'connected' bit means it's just linked to your MIFI it doesn't necessarily mean its got an internet connection as such - if you click on the signal icon what does it say on the pop up box? It could be that you need to manually connect to the internet itself.

Just a thought ... you HAVE got some data credit on it haven't you?

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I have the exact same problem at the moment , Having to use my iPad which works ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe you have ran out of credit fits a PAYG data card?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I read what you have said the same as Mel. Does the MiFi show the Internet symbol on its own screen? If not switch off the MiFi device and then switch it back on to make sure it really is connected.

That's all I can suggest tonight I'm afraid as just about to go offline.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy the 'connected' bit means it's just linked to your MIFI it doesn't necessarily mean its got an internet connection as such - if you click on the signal icon what does it say on the pop up box? It could be that you need to manually connect to the internet itself.

Just a thought ... you HAVE got some data credit on it haven't you?
Plenty of credit.

The pop up box says connected to 3 wifi huewii and shows full signal.

I still clicked on connect manually and sure enough 3 wifi huewaii and security number came up .. connected.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The problem starts when I double click on the e internet symbol or the Google chrome symbol ( which is how I have connected for years) :(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are sure you've got credit then the only other thing I can think of is that the '3' signal isn't working well there or your MIFI's gone up the creek!

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I also tried to connect by clicking on the Start .. bottom left .. and then Internet. It just shows the 3 wifi connected.

A google page comes up but I always know when it not loaded properly because the 'images' word doesn't appear on top right corner. I type motorhome fun or hotmail log in of any other web page in the box and the message comes up not connected to internet etc

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Am
If you are sure you've got credit then the only other thing I can think of is that the '3' signal isn't working well there or your MIFI's gone up the creek!

Am using the mifi to be on here now . . So can't be that:(

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
You say "Need to go on computer asap as this phone limited access etc." Does that mean the phone is using the network?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You say "Need to go on computer asap as this phone limited access etc." Does that mean the phone is using the network?

Yes .. but am limited on fone as I don't know how to copy and flit about between web pages etc.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
a tip I was given some time ago and seems to cure a lot of my issues similar to yours now, turn off wifi, count to 5, turn back and pray, usually works and I even cheat on the pray bit :LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
a tip I was given some time ago and seems to cure a lot of my issues similar to yours now, turn off wifi, count to 5, turn back and pray, usually works and I even cheat on the pray bit :LOL::LOL:

Can't believe this. I have been switching the darn thing on and of since 6pm ... just done it again and it has worked. :)

THANK YOU EVERYBODY ... YOU ARE AMAZING WITH YOUR MENTAL VIBES..... ;) XXX

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Joy.

Sorry, only just been shown this by Hilary and glad you have it fixed. However in case you have the same problem again, when you shut down the mi-fi a) remove the power, and b) wait at least 10 minutes for the 3 network to fully drop the link. In layman's language, the network allocates your mi-fi a network 'address' and it will hang in there waiting for the device to come back on line (in case you run into a tunnel for example) before timing out and dropping the connection. If it times out, when you reconnect, it gives you a whole new network 'address' and set up. If not timed out, it just carries on with the same 'dodgy' connection. I don't know what the delay before dropping is on 3, but likely to be in excess of 5 minutes. If 10 minutes doesn't work, turn it right off for 30 minutes.

The reason for removing the power is that some devices sit in a stand-by status with some of the components powered, even when they appear to be off. Removing the power helps ensure it will reboot it cleanly.

The Mi-Fi also gives each attached device a network configuration using the same logic but different technology. Again, this will be held in memory in a quick reboot. Forcing a full reboot AND a reboot of the laptop while it is off means the Mi-Fi will issue a new configuration to the laptop.

Best wishes .... Robin

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
@movan In my opinion.... it seems that you have neglected to use the desigated Mifi booster ... especially on a FRIDAY.... with the necessary foil , choco and honeycomb reciever... and the like.... :)

Jus sayin.... :)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan In my opinion.... it seems that you have neglected to use the desigated Mifi booster ... especially on a FRIDAY.... with the necessary foil , choco and honeycomb reciever... and the like.... :)

Jus sayin.... :)

I will have you know young man that I have just eaten a Chocolate Viennetta .. or something like that .. ice cream ... and it was delicious .. It boosted my .. err booster :/ .. no end. :)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Just noticed this thread as has been said ,when ive had problems with 3 mifi i have shut down and taken battery out of mifi for a fair few minutes , never counted (y)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Joy it sounds like your MiFi wasn't connecting to the 3 network. Your computer was connecting to the wifi but there was no routing to the 3 3G network.

Huwaei usually use the 192.168.1.x IP range. So you could try going to
Broken Link Removed
This will be the admin login for your MiFi device. In there you will be able to see information about the 3G connection.

My guess is that the reason it worked on your phone is that your phone also has it's own 3G connection and it used that rather than the wifi provided by your MiFi.

PS: you can try clicking that link I just gave now so you can see what it is all about.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks everyone

Yeah Karl .. I had tried the admin log in but didn't have that information then. Thank you. :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone

Yeah Karl .. I had tried the admin log in but didn't have that information then. Thank you. :)
Usually inside the battery cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back