Help please! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hubby isn't happy as the sat dish won't lock on but it did the first day we arrived in Alfaz so he thinks that maybe a fault has occurred. Any ideas? Could the LNB have failed and if so how do we test it?

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
It is not the size as it locked on the first day we arrived. We are aware we cannot pick many programmes up this far south but only use for watching Sky News, the fact it worked one day and not the next makes my hubby think there is a problem. It is an Oyster self seeking system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Tell him it is a practice as when he gets here he definitely won't get anything except sky news on a good day..lol

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I'm not sure I made it clear in my original post. Our dish automatically locks on to Astra 2 and the first day we arrived here it worked fine and we watched sky news. On the second day hubby switched it on but the dish just kept rotating and was unable to lock on. That's why we think a fault may be the cause because it worked at this location the first time. :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
We are down near the beach at Cap Blanch and having the same problem
Our neighbour had a repair guy visit him for the same problem but lack of language skills stopped me finding what was wrong

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Mike and Sandra

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Last couple of days we have had some signal drop, even with a 1.35m dish, a little cloud make all the difference.
I need to get out and tweek the dish and LNB a little, I can get Internet TV on our system, but try not to use it as our clients on the camperstop need to use it also.

Hogan7777

Free Member
Sep 28, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 694SL
Exp
Since 1995
All depends on what time of day / temperature and amount of cloud cover. Some days mine locks on other days no chance this is near Valencia. Try Astra 1 if it locks onto that you dont have a problem and they have english news .

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
All sorted, Glynn phoned Oyster in England who always provide incredible customer service. Nothing is broken, he explained it all to Glynn about why it sometimes won't lock on and he also explained about altering the angle of the LNB depending on which country were in and he recommended getting a high gain LNB when we are back in the UK to avoid this issue. He also said that we should all find it easier from the summer when Astra make changes to the footprint or something like that :Eeek:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
He also said that we should all find it easier from the summer when Astra make changes to the footprint or something like that :Eeek:
The only thing Astra are going to do this summer is start up a new satellite 2G. Which will not affect the channels or signals or footprints operating on the 2E and 2F satellites... and 2G is expected to be very similar in reception to 2e and 2F so no idea where he gets that idea that things will improve....it will probably remain as it is today...

or worse if they start to change the FECs on a lot more frequencies, as the newer 5/6 FECs mean lower signal....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back