Free Member
May 22, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4th year
We have just been away for the first time this year and the led warning light is on indicating that the grey waste tank is full - and yet we know it isn't. Does it mean that the sensor is faulty? Can anyone help please?
:RollEyes:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Sounds as if the level indicator is stuck but others will probably advise you how to go on .

i'm new like you::bigsmile:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi Saxon

I'm sure that the more experienced members will be able to tell you more but I think that the sensors in both the clean and grey water tanks are pretty unreliable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Saxon

I'm sure that the more experienced members will be able to tell you more but I think that the sensors in both the clean and grey water tanks are pretty unreliable.

i agree with steelysteph and it could also be a short in the wiring???

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We have just been away for the first time this year and the led warning light is on indicating that the grey waste tank is full - and yet we know it isn't. Does it mean that the sensor is faulty? Can anyone help please?
:RollEyes:

Hi, we had exactly the same problem, it is caused by waste water from the washing up going down the drain, if there is any grease or fat it tends to stick to the walls of your tank and then the sensor does not work.

There are two cures -

1 fill your tank with hot soapy water and run up and down the drive or whatever for a bit, as soon as it dissolves the grease your light will go off.

2 We dont wash dishes in the sink anymore (as least not in the summer) or if we do we empty the bowl elsewhere. We also put Jeys fluid down occasionally, this cleans and disinfects the grey tank.

Try it, hopefully it will work, ours certainly did.

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
I agree with Teasy. If you get gunge on the sensor it makes it think its full.
We tend to use washing up areas on camp sites instead of the van and when off site we use a basin and dump the water down a drain whenever possible. If there is no alternative but to use the van, we make sure the waste water is nice and soapy. Hope this helps a bit.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Put some biological wasshind powder down the sink diluted in water and conune adding hot water until the tank is abouy 1/2 full (you have to know the capacity of the tank before you start.

Now go for a drive for a couple of hours ideally time this so you can go somewhere for the day etc. This will swoosh the water around and will decompose the gunge in the tank.

When i go away i put some toilet chemical down the plug ole just before the return trip and then emply this out into a bucket when i get back.

if you use bio (green) look fluid you can put it down the drain directly.

The same trick works if you want to clean your cassette tank out.

Phill

OP
OP
saxon

saxon

Free Member
May 22, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4th year
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who gave us a reply - will start with the washing powder, then move to the hot soapy water and finally will just ignore the light.
It doen't sound too serious anyway.:thumb:

:ROFLMAO:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Then if none of those methods work then you can try a couple of other ways. First is easy and solves the problem forever. Get some tape the same colour as the panel and cover the indicator up completely. Better method if you can get to the bottom of the tank and it does have one or more inspection hatches and you don't mind getting down and dirty/smelly, you can remove the hatches and clean the sensor manually.

elliot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2007
Woking
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
one
I had the same problem in my A.T. Scout, in the owners book it suggested resetting the panel when all of the tanks were empty. I did this by pressing the picture of a motorhome on the panel for about 10 seconds. This seems to have worked so far (touch wood). If you’re MH has a similar reset mode it may be worth a try.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back