Help Please with Installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (1 Viewer)

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I'm hoping there's a computer whizz out there who can advise a computer idiot!:)
The Kaspersky 2014 on my laptop is due to run out and, being in my late husband's name, is not transferable. I have therefore purchased a Kaspersky 2015 Internet Security 2015 disc to install to replace said 2014.
Do I have to uninstall the present version of Kaspersky before I can install the new one? If so how do I go about it?
This and any other advice (in very basic non-techy language, I'm afraid) would be hugely appreciated.
I'm relying on you Funsters to help me out here.....:)

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I need to install this today, or tomorrow at the latest. Has anyone any ideas, please?:)
can't afford to be without it....

Deleted User
I am not an expert but would have thought that you could install latest version of Kaspersky without uninstalling the present one. If you start the install process you should get a message if you need to uninstall first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Borderland, that's reassuring. It's a problem that 2014 is in my late husband's name, and I want to make sure it's all in my name now.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
if you have kaspersky already installed and have a new disc, presumably it came with the new password(s) too..
all you need to do is to enter those to renew and update to the new version..
i don't think it matters who purchased it, mine (kaspersky) ran out on my desktop pc a few months ago, i hadn't been using that particular computer for a while), my daughter purchased the new version for five devices, hers and mine, and i just added the passwords in the boxes to mine, there were four sets of letters and numbers, went through okay and automatically updated to the latest version.. :)

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
that's brilliant, dryad. thank you. I feel a lot more confident now..:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steles

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
well, the deed is done! have just installed Kaspersky 2015, and it seems to be working ok.... fingers crossed:):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back