Help please - Spurious message Win 10 (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
One for all you computer whizz kids .....

I'm running W10 & Firefox on a Dell laptop and for some unknown reason I always get this message when booting from cold..

I can find no reason for it, I delete it each time it appears and it will not reappear until next time I start the laptop.

There are various email programs on the machine but it does not seem to be related to any of these.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1567007906700.png

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
An application you have on the computer expects to be able to link to an send email. It is something that is being loaded as your computer starts up, so that's why you regularly get the error message.

There can be programs that want to do that automatically, normally because they are trying to monitor something, but that is most usual on bigger servers and such like. But on a laptop, you don't normally have such systems which makes me wonder if you have something rogue running in the background.

If you Ctrl-Alt-Del that should bring up task manager. Tabs will enable you to see programmes being loaded on Startup, is there something you don't recognise? Alternatively you can see the running processes or services. Before you kill the message, look at those processes and see if one disappears when you do kill the message.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
One for all you computer whizz kids .....

I'm running W10 & Firefox on a Dell laptop and for some unknown reason I always get this message when booting from cold..

I can find no reason for it, I delete it each time it appears and it will not reappear until next time I start the laptop.

There are various email programs on the machine but it does not seem to be related to any of these.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 327460
Just a thought, Brian. Are you sure it is not your levelling jacks telling you that the van is wonky? Again..... :imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
An application you have on the computer expects to be able to link to an send email. It is something that is being loaded as your computer starts up, so that's why you regularly get the error message.

There can be programs that want to do that automatically, normally because they are trying to monitor something, but that is most usual on bigger servers and such like. But on a laptop, you don't normally have such systems which makes me wonder if you have something rogue running in the background.

If you Ctrl-Alt-Del that should bring up task manager. Tabs will enable you to see programmes being loaded on Startup, is there something you don't recognise? Alternatively you can see the running processes or services. Before you kill the message, look at those processes and see if one disappears when you do kill the message.
Many thanks for your input (y) , I shall try your suggestions and report back in due course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back