Help please setting up satellite and receiver! (2 Viewers)

Peter Waller

Free Member
Oct 17, 2018
Weston Super Mare
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 fsme
Exp
1 year
Hi I have a crank up Maxview satellite dish on the roof of my motorhome and it has a Micro Electronic Micro M310 hd receiver.
I cant get it to tune in to anything. When I first tried I got German channels and I did a system reset with the remote on the receiver box and now have nothing. The menu has so many things I do not understand to tune into a satellite so I have probably pressed the wrong buttons! Does any one have a simplified way to first get the receiver box set up then how to tune the sat dish to a satellite and what satellite I should be going for...most of my travelling is UK based. Thx Pete. Everything is powered up ok and I used to have a signal so I dont think there is a fault in the kit....just the operator:)

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
If you were getting German channels, then you were on Astra 1 at 19 east.
UK channels are on Astra 2 at 28 east.
So your dish was on the wrong satellite

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have a crank up Maxview satellite dish on the roof of my motorhome and it has a Micro Electronic Micro M310 hd receiver.
As above..

first job is to get tuned onto the correct satellite , do you have a satellite signal finder ?

I had a Maxview crank up and aligned the dish to Astra 2 using the supplied Maxview compass.. or you can look at other dishes and see where they are pointing..

then, fine tuned using an audible satellite signal finder .. it takes bit of practice.. after that you can then re-tune the digital receiver to the Astra 2 channels..

If you don't have a signal finder, plenty of cheap ones on eBay .. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...S0&_nkw=SATELLITE+DISH+SIGNAL+FINDER&_sacat=0

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Problem with those satellite finders is that they only tell you if you are on A satellite, and not THE correct satellite, especially as a compass or app on the phone only gets you to the general direction, and not the most accurate direction.
With satellites using similar frequencies, it is easy to pick up neighbouring satellites instead of the one that you want....
As you say, it takes a bit of practice to get used to it...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Problem with those satellite finders is that they only tell you if you are on A satellite, and not THE correct satellite, especially as a compass or app on the phone only gets you to the general direction, and not the most accurate direction.

yes.. absolutely.. hence using the supplied Maxview compass to get onto the correct compass bearing.. worked for me anyway, and I still use one with my Multimo dish, can be up and aligned in less than 5 mins ..

maxview-satellite-compass-1239-p.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are getting the "German" satellite, the one you want is slightly to the left and slightly lower. :) I often get Astra 1 first as it seems to have a stronger signal but at least I know then I am pointing it in the rough direction.

I used a simple beeping signal meter at first then I discovered the Avtex TV has its own signal strength indicator under the setup menu. I use this all the time now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Peter Waller

Peter Waller

Free Member
Oct 17, 2018
Weston Super Mare
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 fsme
Exp
1 year
Thx for all the answers and my Micro M310 receiver does have a separate little box that has 4 red lights called and EasyFind II digital tuning tool. I have managed to get some of the lights to light up and beep but still no picture on the tv which is why I think that perhaps I have done something to the actual Micro M310 receiver when I did a system reset. Will try again! But thx for the replies.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thx for all the answers and my Micro M310 receiver does have a separate little box that has 4 red lights called and EasyFind II digital tuning tool. I have managed to get some of the lights to light up and beep but still no picture on the tv which is why I think that perhaps I have done something to the actual Micro M310 receiver when I did a system reset. Will try again! But thx for the replies.
As I said on your other thread, by pressing reset you probably deleted the preset channels and need to rescan once you get locked on the correct satellite.
This is the problem posting more than one thread regarding the same problem... One thread gets overlooked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back