Help please .. regular Bristol travellers (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
On behalf of not just myself but a few other Funsters who have come across the same problem, can any regular Bristol travellers help out .. if with a photo would be even more helpful..

I regularly travel through Bristol, Northerly and Southerly, but whenever I travel from South to North ... I pass through the city centre and have never yet seen a sign for the toll bridge over the River Severn to South Wales....

Since I will shortly need to use it, can you please tell me at which point travelling through Bristol, I veer off and how is it signposted? What road do I take? I have seen one to Fishponds but having been through Fishponds STILL havn't seen a sign to the bridge. :(

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Bridge to south wales only available from motorway. Need to use m5 if going north or south to bristol and will be well signed to turn west onto m4 which goes over the new severn crossing to Newport.
If coming from south there is a link motorway to severn bridge just after crossing river avon bridge at Avonmouth.
From centre of Bristol use A4 portway which follows north bank of river Avon. This goes to Avonmouth or Shirehampton where you join m5.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think I'm understanding you properly.

You can only get to the bridge via the M4 or the M49. To get on the M49 you need to be on the M5 at J18A or before. If you join the M5 at 17 or 16 you have to go up to Almondbury (the M4/M5 interchange) and take the M4

It's probably not signposted from the city because there isn't any other way of getting to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yep as said M5 access only
If you are in Bristol get on the M32 then onto the M4 West and you will go over the Bridge.

If you don't need to go into Bristol take the A449 and it will take you to just outside Cardiff and the M4, its a dual carriage way.
No charges to pay either :)

@movan My heart raced for a minute thought you were coming to see me :D I was going to get my Phill Scofield mask out :D

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think I'm understanding you properly.

You can only get to the bridge via the M4 or the M49. To get on the M49 you need to be on the M5 at J18A or before. If you join the M5 at 17 or 16 you have to go up to Almondbury (the M4/M5 interchange) and take the M4

It's probably not signposted from the city because there isn't any other way of getting to it.

That is it then ..... M5 to Almondbury and take M4 ...

Thank you everybody... great help.

@Ambilkate for information.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back