Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have already posted a thread about rear seat belts and have scrolled through all the other threads which mention seat belts. I am now completely confused. We are looking to buy a motor home, mostly for our own use but will occasionally want to take our grandsons aged 4 and 7 with us. My understanding is that, just like when they travel in a car, until they are 12 they will need to sit on booster seats and be strapped in using the usual adult seat belts. I am assuming then, that older vans with a U shaped lounge and no separate dinette would be out of the question. For safety's sake then, should we be thinking of a van with at least two forward facing seats in the back? Does this mean that older MHs will be out of the question? We have seen older vans with rear seat belts fitted, which again confuses me because I've read that retro fitting of seat belts is nigh on impossible. Please, any advice would be gratefully received. I am easily confused! Thanks.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Whatever the layout/age of the van you need belted travel seats for the children. That will rule out some layouts and some older vans. However, as you have seen older vans with rear seat belts fitted then, so long as they are proper travel seats and not some DIY bodge you should be OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back