Help please, No water! (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745
Exp
Since August 14th 2019
Hi Folks.

"Management" and I have a 2016 Bailey 745 with an ALDE Compact 3020 boiler. Van passed hab test last Friday so off we toddled. Arrived on a site yesterday to find that we had a problem with the domestic water system. Pump works and water comes out of the taps and shower as it should, but also out of the drain pipe from the pressure relief valve on the boiler (see pic below). Went on line last night and phoned Jon at WMC, Old Arley (great bloke). Consensus seems to be that the pressure relief valve has failed. Phone Alde this morning (very helpful) and they said this is most likely scenario and confirmed the part no. and sent me a list of their agents . Ordered spare valve for overnight delivery, arriving tomorrow 22/04. My question is, does anybody have any thoughts/guidance/do's/don'ts/ etc on replacing the valve please? Jon at WMC and Andy at Alde both said it is pretty straightforward, but I did woodwork at school and not engineering! Cheers m'dears.

Attachments

• 20210420_173723.jpg
    20210420_173723.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 39
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Can't help I'm sorry to say but we've had loads of help in the past with problems so I'm sure someone will come along soon.
Good luck and hope you get back on the road soon

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It’s seems quite a coincidence to have failed immediately after a service, is it possible the service company have left something open?

as for fitting the replacement it looks like push fit connectors but I can see a jubilee clip on one hose 🤔

hopefully when looking at the new one the connections will be more obvious

if all else fails open an external locker holding the component and stand looking lost, someone is bound to offer help, works for me and mostly the offer of help is from someone much better suited to the job than I am 😁👍🌈

best of luck getting sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I would assume that it will just have push fit retaining ring. So you push fitting in towards the boiler, press the grip ring Ito the fitting then pull the fitting off keeping the grip ring pressed into the fitting.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Aug 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745
Exp
Since August 14th 2019
Big thankyou to all who contributed suggestions. Part arrived Thursday afternoon and I managed to replace the pressure relief valve within an hour, which included clearing space in the garage to allow access to the boiler. Removing the old valve and fitting the new one was not as easy as I was led to believe. Pushing the retaining sleeve into the fitting while pulling off the fitting was not easy. Anyway, as Andy Bailey at Alde surmised, the plastic "O" ring was in several pieces. I got the part from Caravan Parts Express in Newcastle who were most helpful and efficient, although unfortunately the courier did not arrive as early as I had hoped. Big thanks also to Jon in the workshop at WMC, Andy at Alde and the team at Caravan Parts Express.

Attachments

• 20210422_175032.jpg
    20210422_175032.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread