Help please;;; grafiti (1 Viewer)

travla

Free Member
Apr 29, 2008
Funster No
Hi all
some @"*!! has spray painted from an arisol on my van any ideas to remove it would be great,
they done halfe the street :Doh:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
T cut or if its pretty thick a proper cutting compound and an electric mop will remove it. Just be careful if its on the morohome bit instead of the van bit as the paint on the motorhome bit will be very very thin :Sad:

If all else fails and its really thick ring the insurance company :Eeek:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Paintwork

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your problem. You can get special "Graffitti Removers" but I think they might be too aggresive for MH paintwork. Might be worth asking a local coachworks for advice. If they've done half the street the local coachworks should be quite good at removing it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
This is one reason that I keep a good layer of polish with a finishing coat as nothing will stick to it very well. To get anything to stick you have to use meths or other to remove it. If you have used one of these polishes then it should come off with T - cut.

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Disclaimer! ::bigsmile:

Get some cheap thinners/gunwash from a local paint store (car type) and try a SMALL area with some clean rag or paper towel, wiping off straight away. If it softens the original paint at all, STOP!

If you use a machine polisher chances are you will wear through the original paint around the graffiti quicker than removing it. Even if this does not happen and the graffiti comes off it may leave a `hologram` trace of the graffiti which could be seen when looking across the affected area.

Get it done as soon as before it gets baked on by the sun. Aerosol type paints tend to be soft and not too hard to remove. You may try a drop of petrol as this tends to soften these types of paint.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you cann get to it quick enough ordinary car polish with lots of elbow grease will remove it

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Hanging is too good for them. Some people say that WD40 will remove paint like this.

OP
OP
T

travla

Free Member
Apr 29, 2008
Funster No
Grfiti

Thank you for your help,
many thanks all will let you know how I get on I am really gratefull for all the advice :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
they tell me in Saudi it is hard to re offend with no hands:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun