Help please, fuel tank connections (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm trying to get the fuel sender out, I'm having a problem with taking the fuel pipes off, I've slid the retainer to the side but it's still won't pull off .? I'm I missing something or is there a knack...?

My fuel gauge only reads 3/4 full and stops at 1/4 tank when going below to near empty so I want to have a look and see if there's anything I can do with the sender....

Many thanks...

IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
My guess with the two smaller pipes is there are multi ribbed rubber seals underneath and they are dry so grip like buggery.
Might be wort spraying a bit of silicone spray down the sides.

The larger one looks like a crimped clip to hold it in place.
Can you just undo the nut?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My guess with the two smaller pipes is there are multi ribbed rubber seals underneath and they are dry so grip like buggery.
Might be wort spraying a bit of silicone spray down the sides.

The larger one looks like a crimped clip to hold it in place.
Can you just undo the nut?

Thanks Rich, I'm ok with the big pipe it's the two smaller fuel pipes ... I've sprayed them and given a pull as much as I dare but they seem well fixed, they slide up and down the inlet shaft nicely but it's getting it over the seal or lip..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
There should be each side what looks like a square of plastic that are both pushed in while pushing the pipe further onto the metal stub then lift away.
The plastic squares are one end of a locking catch.
Beware as they are notoriously difficult to do without the correct pliers but if careful will part.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If the big nut (no not you this time Smiffy) only turns slightly to release you might get enough movement out of the pipes? Like a lightbulb bayonet fitting perhaps? Three pipes? I wonder why as the big one is feed (arrow) there's a need for two returns?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
There should be each side what looks like a square of plastic that are both pushed in while pushing the pipe further onto the metal stub then lift away.
The plastic squares are one end of a locking catch.
Beware as they are notoriously difficult to do without the correct pliers but if careful will part.

That's the one...(y)

It's soooo easy when you know how..... thanks mate..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Glad you got them loose, now to find out what's going on in there. Derv in the float?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Glad you got them loose, now to find out what's going on in there. Derv in the float?

And now to find a way of getting the big white cap to unscrew..? Tried tapping it around but no joy, I don't want to damage it so will leave it until I find or make a tool for the job...(n)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Spray the whole area with brake cleaner before tapping it usually works or get 2 long screwdrivers one each side and try to rotate with a bar between them. Fiddly to do but with patience usually works.
Do not switch anything on or have any heat or naked flame until spray has completely evaporated i.e. 10 minutes

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Go back to your second picture and at about 5 o'clock on the ring there is a cutout and an arrow. What's that about do you think?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Go back to your second picture and at about 5 o'clock on the ring there is a cutout and an arrow. What's that about do you think?

Dunno...? I've decided that I don't what to damage the unit as they are about £200 for a new one and then I'll probably have to source it out to get it done, when I have more time I will sort a tool out for getting it out...(y)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have to have a new sender fitted on my fuel tank and the garage guy said it was a difficult job to do for the non mechanic .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back