HELP please cycle path Stratford??? (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As a lot will know Sue and I use electric scooters (buggies) with either Ezzie dragging me or me dragging her along.

At Stratford on Avon.. we cannot get through the kissing gate with them so have to go a very long way round to get off the site.

I looked on Googel earth and there looks like a cycle track to the town?

Is there? any info much welcomed.

Thanks

Bob:Eeek:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not sure exactly what route Bob, but I know there is a cycle track along the route of the old railway line, have you tried the cycle path thingy, systrans is it?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
(Sustrans) Here you go Bob - part of the way!

Green is traffic-free (and I think that is the former railway line), purple is on road.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We must speak to the organisers again and see if they can get the key to the gate. It saves a long detour for those who cannot lift bikes or chairs over the five bar gate (topped with barbed wire) We'll see, they are normally an accomodating bunch, but its probably the racecourse that holds the key and 'rules is rules':RollEyes:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Please JIM..

Hi Jim, I asked the organisers last year and they were not really interested. I think it is the race course.

It would be great if we could get the buggies through the gate ...

Looking at google earth, my garmin computer based maps and the ruler unit it is at best 2 miles each way even using the cycle path.. Ezzie is good for that distance over a long period and in France she does it, but takes us a couple of hours with lots of stops.. plus always sweating that the batteries on Sue buggy will hold out.

So if you have a chance I would be grateful if you could represent our needs on this.. If you get anywhere fantastic, but if not.. thank you for considering the issue.

Will be there Thursday early

Bob. Sue and Ezzie of course.:thumb:

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
one for Bob

Now bob I always carry one hell of a towrope if we tether Ezzie to the gate and entice her with food (young children) she will pull the gate down, that is an accident Mlud not willfull damage watcha fink Guv.

All the best Rick.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
If its padlocked I have a universal padlock key - works on 99% of all padlocks - does what it says on the tin
a bl$$dy great pair of bolt croppers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the bribe will have to be two children these days

Now bob I always carry one hell of a towrope if we tether Ezzie to the gate and entice her with food (young children) she will pull the gate down, that is an accident Mlud not willfull damage watcha fink Guv.

All the best Rick.

Ezzie never been the same since we fed her only one child a day.. here there is a nice 5 year old on offer this year.. but she needs two children to get the power up.. if I am not wrong is it not a kissing gate at Stratford..??? but a chain saw might do the trick or a angle grinder or an oxy torch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I thought it looked a long way 'n' all Bob, it needs a craftsman to deal with that then; ?some sort of opening link in the chain ...... we'll have to inspect and have a think before you arrive, so prolly best to not speak to the org, which might encourage them to inspect the fastening??????

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know noffing as they say

I thought it looked a long way 'n' all Bob, it needs a craftsman to deal with that then; ?some sort of opening link in the chain ...... we'll have to inspect and have a think before you arrive, so prolly best to not speak to the org, which might encourage them to inspect the fastening??????

No I will not speak to anyone.. if anyone has a way to get past the obsticle to make the journey over half the distance there and back.. I think it is round trip minimum of 4 miles and with looking around even more.

Thanks everyone that has shown an interest in our plight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back