Help Please - 12v sockets not working, which fuse? (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We are away and our 12v sockets in the hab are no longer working. I think it is probably a fuse but not sure which one on the EBL. I've looked at the 10A fuses and they all look okay but am reluctant to start pulling the rest just in case I knock out something I shouldn't :(

The MH is a SunLiving by Adria but I think all the Adria electrics / fuses use a common loom.

Thanks all :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looking ok is never a definite. You really need to either swop out or test with a multimeter. šŸ‘

Ps. Just like what they said. šŸ¤£

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We are away and our 12v sockets in the hab are no longer working. I think it is probably a fuse but not sure which one on the EBL. I've looked at the 10A fuses and they all look okay but am reluctant to start pulling the rest just in case I knock out something I shouldn't :(

The MH is a SunLiving by Adria but I think all the Adria electrics / fuses use a common loom.

Thanks all :)
if itā€™s an EBL 30 check the red 10A fuses the first one in from the passenger door (if itā€™s under the seat you may find by looking at the fuse you can see the z pattern of the fuse disrupted on our Hymer car there is a second 10 amp fuse further in. For another socket We have 4 sockets in the HymerCar. Three are protected by the first 10 amp fuse and the forth (over the sink area) protected by a second. I know this as I blew my fuses with a faulty device.

should add I spotted the break in the fuses visually as I did not have my multimeter with me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
This definitely sounds daft but I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, eventually discovered the ignition was still on šŸ˜± so no 12v!

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This definitely sounds daft but I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, eventually discovered the ignition was still on šŸ˜± so no 12v!
Hymerā€™s allow for the sockets to work with or without the ignition on, I think from what I read itā€™s some of the british manufacturers that disable the sockets when the ignition is on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Ignition was off but a good point! We are away and no multimeter with us :( It might have to wait unto we get back.

The EBL is under the side bench beside the hab door (which is on the off side). I just wondered if anyone knew which fuse was for the 12v sockets. We have 3 12v sockets - 2 are no longer working, the one by the hab door and the one we had put in behind the driver's seat but the one on the back is still working as that comes from a feed / fuse.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
There is a link to the EBL 208 wiring diagram in this thread

Diagram here (thanks Spriddler )

I think we will pull the 15A blue reserve and have a look at that one. Might not be tonight though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The EBL is under the side bench beside the hab door (which is on the off side). I just wondered if anyone knew which fuse was for the 12v sockets. We have 3 12v sockets - 2 are no longer working, the one by the hab door and the one we had put in behind the driver's seat but the one on the back is still working as that comes from a feed / fuse.
Which EBL model number is it? On my EBL101 the sockets are wired from the 'general' fuses, labelled Kreis 1 and Kries 2. But EBLs are all a bit different, so need to know the model number.

Edit: just seen your post, it's EBL208.
I think we will pull the 15A blue reserve and have a look at that one. Might not be tonight though.
I think I'd try that one first, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Now sorted :)

It was the blue 15A fuse as suspected. The blow was visible so quite obvious when the correct fuse was checked. We had a fuse of the correct size and amperage with us so an easy fix.

I think it blew because a new 12v to USB plug was faulty, the only thing plugged in prior to the blow ...... as the Chinese say "why build good when you can build cheap?"

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back