Help! (on behalf of my son) (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just had a call from my son. He is converting his VW T5 van into a campervan and just had a new rock n roll bed fitted today in Worksop............. he rang his insurance company (Aviva) to update them and they have declined his insurance and given him 7 days before terminating the cover!! The reason being they 'don't insure converted vans'!! (even though they had previously agreed)

Can anyone recommend an insurer that is understanding of the needs of van conversion, with a good reputation and reasonable prices please?

My son will check around on his own forums (he's not on this one) but I am trying to see if I can assist him in his search

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Adrian Flux did my self builds... no photos, no engineer's reports... just a phone call...

But...

That was some time ago and they weren't cheap.

JJ :cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
As per JJ for my daughter. . .. however, I am NOT recommending Adrian Flux. Had terrible problems with them when renewal time came. . you might be lucky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks peeps, I have heard they are not as good as they used to be:( He has tempo sorted the 'problem' so time to work out what to do :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I despair with insurance companies. A couple of years ago I rang direct line for a quote for our house . They asked if there were cracks in the walls, I said yes but they had been there 20+ years. They said no, we don't insure houses with cracks.

I don't blame them, they are there to make money, but it is getting very clinical.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Tell him to go on the t4/5 forum

Loads of advice help on there and lots of peeps have been there and done it :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.