HELP - New to motorhomes, advice required purchasing a new motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
M
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
When we looked at the motorhome my husband pointed out the issue we would have with the waste and they are going to extend out to the side. At first they seemed to be making it very complicated but hopefully after we explained what we wanted it should be fine, fingers crossed.

suellanarmon

Free Member
Feb 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
waiting for Pilote
Hello, just out of curiosity have you taken delivery of your Pilote evidence? We put a deposit down in May 2021 and have an estimated delivery date of week 13 which we reckon will be the end of March 2022. We know all about the delays and chip shortages but wondered whether anyone has managed to get their new motorhome since last spring? We are still eagerly waiting but not sure if I will manage to go to the motorhome show and not buy something which has a quicker delivery date lol!

Reactions: bri
OP
OP
M
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Hi, yes we took delivery of our Polote 696d on the 30/4/21. We are very happy with the motorhome it’s perfect for us. We have had some amazing trips in 2021 and lots planned for this year. Hope you receive your new motorhome soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you do end up with a motorhome on a Ford base make sure that you have extra security fitted as they are very easy to steal, some insurance companies on their online quote forms ask if the motorhome is based on a Ford, just something to consider when making your purchase.
Interesting that there is common knowledge (or myth) that the ford is easier to steal. In 2019 and 2020 the most frequently stolen van was the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 313 CDI. (the base vehicle of my last Rapido) Often stolen without the keys, keyless ignition has a lot to answer for.
My MH is on a Ford and indeed the insurance company asked about this and insisted on a tracker (a good thing to have anyway) which they didnt require for the Mercedes, I think one reason for the idea of Fords being most stolen is that until recent years there were far more of them in the UK than other brands.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back