Help needed with water sender gauge on Laika Kreos 4009 (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a malfunctioning fresh water gauge or I should say the sender unit in the fresh water tank isn’t working on 50%, therefore not showing on the display unit. I have read that depending on the system you can clean the corroded sender units to get them functional again. Looking inside the tank there is no way I can get to clean the failed sender unit. Has anyone on here any knowledge of the best way of sorting this out. I’ve taken a
5FAE1246-4AE7-4946-93D9-C3B45827FFF1.jpeg
pic with my phone on a selfie stick of what I think are the sender units in the tank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes, the centre (and top) one looks heavily corroded so is probably the reason why it doesn't read at 50%. I'd hazard a guess that those are too far gone to be salvageable - I've tried to keep mine clean but as you've found out getting at them can be a nightmare. Fortunately for me on my Swift Bolero I can access the sender unit from the top of the tank, but frankly haven't bothered - with experience I have a good idea of how much is left in.

If you can't get at the outside where the sender unit(s) are then you'll probably have to take the tank off. Sounds dramatic but as long as you can work safely underneath shouldn't be too difficult a job.

It's a recurring thread on here, the water (waste & fresh) gauges fitted to most motorhomes are of poor quality and so unreliable that many, like me, ignore them.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I'll second the above post, we just ignore them. After a while you get to know how much is in there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, the centre (and top) one looks heavily corroded so is probably the reason why it doesn't read at 50%. I'd hazard a guess that those are too far gone to be salvageable - I've tried to keep mine clean but as you've found out getting at them can be a nightmare. Fortunately for me on my Swift Bolero I can access the sender unit from the top of the tank, but frankly haven't bothered - with experience I have a good idea of how much is left in.

If you can't get at the outside where the sender unit(s) are then you'll probably have to take the tank off. Sounds dramatic but as long as you can work safely underneath shouldn't be too difficult a job.

It's a recurring thread on here, the water (waste & fresh) gauges fitted to most motorhomes are of poor quality and so unreliable that many, like me, ignore them.
Appreciate your response. Thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back