LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The TV may be smart, I'm obviously not. Had it 4 years and just decided to connect to Internet.
I've got it connected to Vodafone ok but how do I get All4, BBC iplayer etc ? I clicked Agree on something that came up then all I got was a blank screen.
It's a Toshiba ct 8035 if that helps. Just planning to escape the endless Christmas cr**.
Thanks for any help.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Sadly not all TVs are compatible with iplayer,all4 etc.We have a LG and can only get bbc iplayer. This is a link to see if you can get iplayer.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If your TV hasn't got the apps and you can't download them for it easiest way is by an android TV box you can get them for £15 and up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks, doesn't list my TV so perhaps it's not so smart after all. I'll have to stick to watching on an iPad mini. If I hear one more Xmas song I'll lob something through the TVs screen anyway

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If your TV hasn't got the apps and you can't download them for it easiest way is by an android TV box you can get them for £15 and up.

Doesn't it make a mockery of "smart TV". People are paying £££ for "smart" and the reality is it costs just about nothing.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
  • The Toshiba model number you refer to appears to be for a remote control :confused:.
  • When you say you got it connected to Vodafone okay - how do you know?
  • Even if you got iPlayer, All4 or ITV Hub - surely you'd be just be subjecting yourself to the same "christmas cr*p", just streaming it :xdoh:?

But presuming you can get your TV online... can I suggest signing up for NetFlix... you get a month's free trial so can cancel it in the New Year... perfect for Christmas :xThumb:.

Edited:
Have you tried unplugging the TV from the mains - not just switching it off - and plugging it in again?
This might help:
https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4009201

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
But presuming you can get your TV online... can I suggest signing up for NetFlix... you get a month's free trial so can cancel it in the New Year... perfect for Christmas
Not if your TV hasn't got the app. That's where an android box comes in you can down load all the apps, Netflix, Amazon etc.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks, doesn't list my TV so perhaps it's not so smart after all. I'll have to stick to watching on an iPad mini. If I hear one more Xmas song I'll lob something through the TVs screen anyway

That’s exactly how I feel, I’m only turning on the tv now to only watch specific programs.....

Radio just the same..

Currently catching up with game of thrones on my iPad...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
how about casting the program or film you are watching on your ipad to the tv?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I use Chromecast, excellent gadget.

Just seen an ad on TV for Toshiba Smart TV's, they appear to be able to load all the viewing apps.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We have a BT recorder which has loads of apps and viewers pre loaded..... And most of them, apart from the main itv, 4, 5 etc, are subscription.
We watch Amazon video via the boxes app but it's mainly for recording Live TV...... Ya know, corrie, emmerdale, eastenders, strictly, jungle... Bloody dozens of episodes she watched live AND recorded.

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've no idea what casting is, I'm afraid. Just thought I'd watch some box sets which I'll do on my iPad. If technology doesn't work the first time I try it I tend to give up.
And I'm sorry , @Langtoftlad it is the number on the remote! I assumed it'd be the same as the TV.......
Thanks gor all the advice, everyone.

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Has anyone mentioned the Amazon Firestick? I’m informed it’s a lot less ‘buggy’ than Chromecast, for what it’s worth.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Has anyone mentioned the Amazon Firestick? I’m informed it’s a lot less ‘buggy’ than Chromecast, for what it’s worth.
I tried casting with a Firestick, totally useless, kept freezing, dropping out & sound totally out of sync & picture quality very poor.
Just bought Android TV box with 64 GB of memory.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I've no idea what casting is, I'm afraid. Just thought I'd watch some box sets which I'll do on my iPad. If technology doesn't work the first time I try it I tend to give up.
And I'm sorry , @Langtoftlad it is the number on the remote! I assumed it'd be the same as the TV.......
Thanks gor all the advice, everyone.
Im with you, technology moving too fast to keep up with.

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
It seems like it’s a bit of a lottery, then. I know someone who found Chromecast ‘buggy’ ie good picture, poor sound quality; and Amazon Firestick absolutely fine. Like most technology it’s dependent on individual circumstances ie: location and strength of signal - weather conditions, and other factors over which we have little control. Such is life.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I find 'mirror share' on my android tablet works really well

Also 'cast to device' on Windows 10

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Our firestick works really well a lot better than the smart tv and android box and easier to use

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back