Help needed with Cruise Control (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

Got our 'new'? van back to Cornwall in all the wind and rain but there is an issue.

I tried throughout the whole journey to get the Cruise Control to work without success.
We have CC in our car but this one is minimalistic to say the least when it comes to assistance on the stalk.
I'm going to try to describe it and if I'm lucky I'll post pictures!
Here goes; The stalk is on the left side of the steering column. It can be pushed up or down, towards me and away from me and it returns automatically to it's original position.
On the end of the stalk is a microswitch marked "I & II" In the middle of the stalk facing the driver is a triangle (pointing up), with a 'plus' sign inside it. In the middle of the stalk at the bottom is a triangle (pointing downwards) with a 'minus' sign inside it.
Additionally, on the top edge of the stalk, is a triangle pointing away from the driver. This triangle has what appears to be an "l" inside it and on the corresponding bottom edge of the stalk is a triangle pointing towards the driver with a "C" inside it.

For some reason I am unable to load the pictures sorry, but all assistance gratefully accepted.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds like a CM35 stalk ...

Dave Newell (Funster) fits these so why not send him a PM and ask how it works.
Link Removed

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Greetings All,

Got our 'new'? van back to Cornwall in all the wind and rain but there is an issue.

I tried throughout the whole journey to get the Cruise Control to work without success.
We have CC in our car but this one is minimalistic to say the least when it comes to assistance on the stalk.
Here goes; The stalk is on the left side of the steering column. It can be pushed up or down, towards me and away from me and it returns automatically to it's original position.
On the end of the stalk is a microswitch marked "I & II" In the middle of the stalk facing the driver is a triangle (pointing up), with a 'plus' sign inside it. In the middle of the stalk at the bottom is a triangle (pointing downwards) with a 'minus' sign inside it.
Additionally, on the top edge of the stalk, is a triangle pointing away from the driver. This triangle has what appears to be an "l" inside it and on the corresponding bottom edge of the stalk is a triangle pointing towards the driver with a "C" inside it.

For some reason I am unable to load the pictures sorry, but all assistance gratefully accepted.
Do you not have a manual, normally there is a separate switch that selects or deselects CC, When selected you should have a light on the dash indicating on. It is at this point that the stalk control will operate. Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Greetings All,

Push away to turn on(centre symbol should then light up, if not that explains why its not working)
Pull to disengage.
Up to set or increase speed
Down to resume or decrease speed
1 & 11 on the end are for pre-set speeds, press to go to that speed,press & hold for a beep
to set a new speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings Again,

I just knew I could count on the Funsters.

JeanLuc, you were spot on. In fact, looking at the various images, one of them was from Bridgewater Electronics and, knowing the history of the 'van, It's possible the unit came from there.
I've been out to the 'van as suggested by Jay and the centre button does indeed light up when the engine's running and the unit is put 'On'.
I'm no technophobe but trying to get a CC on when driving into a gale in the rain on the M5 is not recommended. I've printed out the operations for the next time I'm out. No doubt it will come as second nature in time.

Thank you all once again.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Push away to turn on(centre symbol should then light up, if not that explains why its not working)
Pull to disengage.
1 & 11 on the end are for pre-set speeds, press to go to that speed,press & hold for a beep
to set a new speed.

I had same setup on previous van. the above instructions are spot on.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
If it's any help I can email you the operating instructions (includes pictures)
Send me PM with email address.
To do this click on the username: WynandJean

Wyn

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
speed control adjustment for the aforementioned cruise control

$T2eC16N,!zcFIc8J-V3hBS(YMlzp,w~~60_35.JPG

simply place a diifferent sized marble under rhe pedal to set the speed :thumb::roflmto:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Pull to disengage.
to set a new speed.

Jay has it "Bang On" I would simply add

Push away to turn on / Push away to turn off

Pull towards you to disengage / or to re-engage at the last set speed

Up to set speed or to increase by 1mph

Down to Set speed or reduce each time by 1mph
:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I thought it was a 1/2 mile adjustment per movement of the stalk. But I'm only 1/2 sure::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think most CC have this nudge feature, even if its not documented and I believe its 1km/h so about half an mph.

both my car and RV have the 'nudge' feature and definately 1mph increments....unless the stalk is held then its acceleration until the stalk is released.
The RV has steering wheel mounted buttons but add up to the same thing.

Probably on european l/h/d vehicles it could be 1kph increments as the speedo would originally be in kph

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
both my car and RV have the 'nudge' feature and definately 1mph increments....unless the stalk is held then its acceleration until the stalk is released.
The RV has steering wheel mounted buttons but add up to the same thing.

Probably on european l/h/d vehicles it could be 1kph increments as the speedo would originally be in kph

Ours is 1MPH or hold the nudge for a second (up or down) for 10MPH.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
From my documentation:

3. KM+ (accelerate). When the Fix/KM+ button is held in when the cruise control system is active the vehicle will accelerate until the button is released. The vehicles speed will be maintained at this new increased setting. This button also provides a "tap up" feature whereby each short press of the button will increase the vehicle's speed by aproximately 1/2 mile per hour. 10 clicks in quick succession will raise the speed by about 5MPH.

Thank heaven, I was beginning to think I'd imagined it.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back