HELP Needed Please (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all.

Well, finally swallowed my pride and bought a 240v TV. I know I'll need and inverter, but whilst on hookup it should be okay...BUT!

I'm lost amongst the spaghetti of connections and possibilities - can anyone help please?

I have a CAMOS dome satellite, a wind-up aerial, a CAMOS control box, a "selector" box, a SKY digibox, a digital HD /DVD Recorder and 1 TV (but will have another shortly).

Some of the wiring (the CAMOS box, and cables into the selector box) has already been done by someone who looks like they know what they are doing, so I haven't touched them. Since they did it, I have acquired the SKY box, the VCR and a TV, and so I need to incorporate them into the system, but I don't know how - gone are the days of a single aerial socket in, and another out.

So, can anyone help please? I've tried to take piccies of the boxes and the connections on the back, but some of them are a bit blurred. I've attached them so hopefully you'll be able to point me in exactly the right direction. Needless to say, there will be a drink or two in it as a "thank you".

So to recap -

1) Dumb user with 2 aerial inputs - 1 analogue, 1 satellite
2) CAMOS Satellite selector box
3) "Source Selector box"
4) SKY Digibox (pace 430N)
5) Sony HD/DVD Recorder
6) TV (1 at moment, but will be a second one soon)

Papa "hopeful as hell" Smurf

p.s. The filenames of the images explain what each is (I hope) files spilt over 2 posts due to 5 file max :Sad:

Attachments

• CAMOS Control Box rear.jpg
    CAMOS Control Box rear.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 90
  • CAMOS COntrol Front.jpg
    CAMOS COntrol Front.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Souce Selector.jpg
    Souce Selector.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Souce Selector Bank for 1 channel.jpg
    Souce Selector Bank for 1 channel.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Rear LHS of Source Selector.jpg
    Rear LHS of Source Selector.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Part Deux (file attachments)

TIA::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Rear RHS of Source Selector.jpg
    Rear RHS of Source Selector.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 13
  • SKY Digibox Rear.jpg
    SKY Digibox Rear.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 17
  • HD REcorder Rear LHS.jpg
    HD REcorder Rear LHS.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 17
  • HD Recorder Rear RHS.jpg
    HD Recorder Rear RHS.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 20

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some time ago I needed to work out how to plug together several recorders, digital boxes and the TV at home.

I found it useful to draw a rough schematic of how I wanted it and then match the sockets on the various devices to the diagram.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Graham, I tried that, but there are too many possible inputs and outputs for a Smurf with very little brain to be able to understand:Sad:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Does the sony hdd recorder.dvd recorder havs a tuner? Freeview or analogue or both?

What do you want to achieve? What do you want to record onto the hdd recorder? Freeview? Analogue? Sky?

Let me know asap as I'm working on it...:Smile:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
...and does the tv have hdmi socket?

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Bryan - Ideally, Recorder to record off SKY or Digital Should be possible as "source selector switch" seems to have enough capability to handle it (I COULD BE WRONG!) .

TV & Recorder have HDMI sockets BUT HDMI lead is 1.5 metres long & if Recorder sits in Front of Bus & TV is in rear, they're about 9 metres apart:cry:

Sony Recorder has digital & Analogue tuner.

Papa

Last edited:
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Sorry, I assumed (ass-u-me :RollEyes:) that this tv was for front above windscreen.

This TV for bedroom?
Is there tv at front already or is theat tv referred to as tv2?

I assume :)Eek!:) that the bedroom has the standard aerial socket in RV's (like the satelite ones we use)?

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Currently NO TV's in van

Bedroom Connection is co-ax (as per usual)

Bedroom or Front TV can be TV1 or TV2 (Convention says TV2 is bedroom)

This TV intended for Bedroom

Papa

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Papa
Sorry to ask a silly question, but I are an engineer :roflmto:
Why do you want all the recording gear back aft, when all the cabling is forward? Can you not simply place the recording gear in the forward overcab lockers and then use the front to rear cable to view the recording in the bedroom?
Or am I missing something? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Keith,

That's what I intend - it's just that I bought the recorder to be able to play to either TV, but only bought the rear TV....

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Keith,

That's what I intend - it's just that I bought the recorder to be able to play to either TV, but only bought the rear TV....
Right, OK then....... Got it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have you tried putting the output from the recorder into the "AUX" socket on the TV selector switch? You should be able to then recieve your signals to the recorder and divert the signal to the rear TV via the selector switch?
Maybe you just need to come up here and we can get it sorted :roflmto: I sure as hell ain't doing anything else mate :cry::cry:

Keith

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Papa,

Having just come of the phone to you I see that Keith has very kindly offered to sort it out for you if you pop up.

If my suggestions don't work or you just fancy a run up to Keiths, just make sure that he does actually help out and isn't just pining for the opportunity to spend the weekend in an RV :ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Papa,

Having just come of the phone to you I see that Keith has very kindly offered to sort it out for you if you pop up.

If my suggestions don't work or you just fancy a run up to Keiths, just make sure that he does actually help out and isn't just pining for the opportunity to spend the weekend in an RV :ROFLMAO:

OUCH Looks like I've been sussed out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Pappa,
The distribution box is simplicity itself. All it does is direct RF signals along standard coax. The only difference is the coax will be fitted with BNC connectors and not the push on connectors we're used to. It's so much easier to use coax rather than trying to get everything connected with scarts or HDMI provided everything has a coax input or output as appropriate. Quite honestly I can't any difference in picture quality. Perhaps I should have gone to Specsavers:ROFLMAO:
On the back of it you'll see inputs for antenna, cable, satellite, VCR and aux and outputs for TV1 (Front), TV2 (Rear) and VCR (errr...VCR).
Connect the RF In on the VCR to the output and the RF out on the VCR to the input on the distribution box.
The last step, and often the most complex is tuning everything in. Take it slowly and it'll all make sense. When we got our RV the previous (American) owner had stripped everything out so we had to start from scratch and even identify which cable went where! Using the distribution box we've got Antenna, VCR/DVD and satellite connected to 2 TVs and VCR. Took about 3 hours to do the lot.
Best of luck
Doug

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks all - especially Bryan. Unfortunately, I've been foiled by the "missing a Coax sex changer" on a Bank Holiday syndrome. Whilst a trip to town would be possible, taxi's are double time on a Bank Holiday, and so at over £15.00 each way, I'll have to wait until Tuesday (hopefully Stelios at VanBitz will have sex changers).

I haven't seen TV in sooooooooooo long - what's happening in Triangle and Eldorado? Has Mr Chamberlain managed to negotiate "peace in our time" with that Charlie Chaplin look-a-like?

sigh

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I haven't seen TV in sooooooooooo long - what's happening in Triangle and Eldorado? Has Mr Chamberlain managed to negotiate "peace in our time" with that Charlie Chaplin look-a-like?

sigh

Dunno about that - but that Cromwell bloke kicked the bucket ::bigsmile:

Graham, I tried that, but there are too many possible inputs and outputs for a Smurf with very little brain to be able to understand:Sad:

I nearly recommended you join a library instead earlier but I thought that might be cruel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Hi PaPa [/FONT]
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Ref your sexually chalenged coax[/FONT]
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]you should have dealt with this company, I have highlighted and underlined the relevent part of their philosophy:ROFLMAO:[/FONT]
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA][/FONT]​
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]
Coaxial Dynamics, located in Middleburg Hts., Ohio, USA, has been a leading manufacturer of precision equipment for the measurement and termination of RF power for over 30 years. Our equipment is used by engineers and technicians in a wide variety of applications throughout the world.

All of us at Coaxial Dynamics have an on-going commitment to provide our customers with the highest quality and most reliable products in the marketplace.

You - our customer - are the most important asset to us. We give you our pledge to fulfill the trust you have placed in us through your continuing support. We are confident that together we can meet the challenges and demands tomorrow may bring.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Our Philosophy[/FONT][FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA][/FONT]
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Supply our customers with zero-defect products, on time at competitive values.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Balance the interests of customers, associates and suppliers in managing our company.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Hire, recognize, work directly with and promote associates as individuals in the application and development of their talents.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Provide competitive compensation and benefits, a clean, safe working environment, and promote good mental and physical health.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Expect all associates to participate in continuous quality, cost and training/educational improvement programs.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Create flexible systems and procedures to provide a team environment for all associates in an atmosphere of open communication.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Maintain a sound financial position to promote growth in company value.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Support equal opportunity through non-discrimination of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Promote civic responsibility and implement affirmatively all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
    [/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]Conduct business with honesty, integrity and humanity.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA]
    Geo:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    [/FONT]​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back